Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Variety is the spice of life, Steve. You have your methods and I have mine.

I appreciate your experience and your perspective. It differs from mine but that simply creates another opportunity for me to learn.

“The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.”
Niels Bohr (Danish physicist)

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,643 Posts
Variety is the spice of life, Steve. You have your methods and I have mine.

I appreciate your experience and your perspective. It differs from mine but that simply creates another opportunity for me to learn.

“The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.”
Niels Bohr (Danish physicist)
Steve is just riding your tail because after years of zero posting you finally show back up promoting the next step up from a free website :whistling

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Steve is just riding your tail because after years of zero posting you finally show back up promoting the next step up from a free website :whistling
Actually I'm intrigued by how he makes it work. I intend to buy him a beer in May when I visit Asheville and find out. I'll trust Carl knows the best local brew to recommend because there are a lot to choose from.

If I really wanted to ride Carl's case I could rub in the fact that Asheville was Beer City USA for about 3-4 years and Grand Rapids, MI where I live took that title away for the second year in a row.

Yay Grand Rapids!! :clap:

Okay, now I just rubbed it in but I do look forward to checking out Asheville. I've never been there yet but I hear nothing but good about it.

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,643 Posts
Actually I'm intrigued by how he makes it work. I intend to buy him a beer in May when I visit Asheville and find out. I'll trust Carl knows the best local brew to recommend because there are a lot to choose from.

If I really wanted to ride Carl's case I could rub in the fact that Asheville was Beer City USA for about 3-4 years and Grand Rapids, MI where I live took that title away for the second year in a row.

Yay Grand Rapids!! :clap:

Okay, now I just rubbed it in but I do look forward to checking out Asheville. I've never been there yet but I hear nothing but good about it.
Someone has to stir the pot...:drink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Actually I'm intrigued by how he makes it work.
I don't. I had this notion that I'd capture the 50% of SMB's out there that don't have a website by reducing the financial barrier to entry. Turns out, they don't have a website because they either flat-out don't want one or they can't wrap their heads around the idea. So I've abandoned that plan and gone back to business as usual.

We were happy for you guys in the glove. It was a major upset but we had grown complacent with the title. But four years as "Beer City USA" brought New Belgium, Oskar Blues and Sierra Nevada to town, making us a real "beer city" after all.

(We were just happy those cry babies in Portland didn't take the title.)

I'd be delighted to tip some suds with you, Steve.

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Asheville and Grand Rapids seem to share a lot in common. Local food culture, great restaurants, and of course, the appreciation for a finely crafted beer. I welcome that change since until 20 years ago, American beer became the joke of the planet. Now that old world standards are being rediscovered, I can easily see why the rest of the world used to ridicule us. I'm looking forward to sampling some of the creations that helped Asheville become Beer City before us. And I have to admit, it's really nice living in a community that supports craftsmanship and local ingredients.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts