Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Definitely #1 on my list is my fein multi. One other "tool" I use a lot are these set up blocks from veritas (lee valley). Bought then originally for measuring up for custom glass shower enclosures. A lot easier than trying to hold your level "level" while measuring with a tape. I keep 2 sets in my tool bag....use them all the time!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Definitely #1 on my list is my fein multi. One other "tool" I use a lot are these set up blocks from veritas (lee valley). Bought then originally for measuring up for custom glass shower enclosures. A lot easier than trying to hold your level "level" while measuring with a tape. I keep 2 sets in my tool bag....use them all the time!
Make a video for us.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Not very glamorous, and not the degree of accuracy as jarvis's machining blocks.....

but I always have with me (somewhere) exact 1/4 3/8 1/2 etc shims, labelled and cut from factory exact stock... good for leveling out, measuring, just generally having an exact fit/measurement.

Also, not glamorous, but I love my formica samples for many precice framing/finishing issues. Either cut'm from extra formica product, sometimes grab them precut from the sample boards at big boxes.

A deck of plastic playing cards I also find invaluable, from mixing epoxy for glue up mixing of base/crown miters to shimming/leveling.

Maybe these are not expensive tools per se, but they seem to be some of the most utilitarian and valuable things we use.

Yes... I love my ossilators, bulldog, shaper, my stilletto, and a shop of power tools.... but some of the simplest "tools" are maybe some of the most valuable utilitarian wise.

Also very fond of brightly painted (tapes, screwdrivers etc), as they do seem easier to find and not loose. Even painted some handles with floresent to identify them as mine.... and to easily recognise them.

·
PROcrastinator
160 Posts
Festool anything.

Stabila levels

Impact drivers

Makita tools that all use same battery. :clap: 4 batteries 7 tools

Occidental leather framing belt

Pro Knees - The thicker ones - my knees are happy now

Snap on Rolling mechanics tool box

The Fein Tool.

No particular order. They are all my children. Loved equally.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts