Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My work van was broken into and from what i can see right now at least $1,500 worth of power tools were stolen. What a ***** :cry:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Sorry to hear it MANTUS, this gets posted all too frequently. I think that there should be a special penalty for someone who rips off another persons livelyhood.
I have an Inland Marine policy that covers tools, maybe you should consider it if you don't already have one and don't ask me why they call it that.
The alarm system that I install in my vans cost $360 and I have yet to be hit, I like to think that it is a deterrent.

U

·
0 Posts
Go buy new tools and get back to work.

If $1,500 equates to your livelyhood, you need a new career.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Spoken like a true unregistered guest.

It seems to me you were just letting out some steam. Most of us here have empathy...at least the registered ones do. I am sure you either purchased more tools already, or are doing so as we speak.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
>I have an Inland Marine policy that covers tools, maybe you should consider it if you don't already have one

A good inland marine policy with a good insurer (CNA) helped me to recover most of nearly $40,000 in theft losses that I suffered in my start-up year. I hate to think where I'd be without that insurance.

I also got my tool trailer wired with an alarm that is monitored and includes status reporting and control by internet access www.alarm.com. It helps me to sleep better at night.

Good luck

U

·
0 Posts
Florcraft,

I have been in and out of here for the last few months, looking for something to motivate me to register...so far nothing, but I do keep coming back.

Of course I have empathy. It sucks to get stuff stolen. Maybe I came off a bit harsh, I was in business mode. The thought to call the insurance company for $ 1,500.00 in tools wouldn't even cross my mind. $1,500.00 equates to some basic hand tools, throw in a hand power tool or two? Sounds about like our monthly bill to keep tools running. That is where I came up with the "buy new ones and get back to work" line. Sorry if I offended.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Unregistered, something here keeps drawing you back. Why not register? It just takes a moment and your input will gain importance once we know who we are talking to.

U

·
0 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Unregistered, something here keeps drawing you back. Why not register? It just takes a moment and your input will gain importance once we know who we are talking to.
So far just bordem, when I see threads sitting here for months with no replies it is not real motivating. Sure a thread here and there peaks my interest, but there are so few members, you can almost predict how each will reply.

I am not real sure how a comment gains more importance based upon says it.

But I will continue to check in here every so often.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
no offense taken, just sounded a bit harsh or as you say it "business like"

hey, it happens....

We look out for each other here...

when you register, we'll look out for you too....:)

U

·
0 Posts
Grumpy said:
Brilliant!
Hey Grump,

I am not in here to flame your group. I came across the site a few months back and do check in here and there. An occasional thread peaks my interest so I comment. Maybe if this site forced registering, I would have, but I suspect that I would not have and spared you my "unregistered" opinions.

I have been at this for over 16 years and have experienced, in one form or another just about every issue I have seen raised here on the forum. Some I have very strong opinions on. Maybe I come off a bit harsh, but maybe also, my experiences just might help the next guy avoid some of the things I have dealt with. There is nothing new here, we all struggle with marketing, sales, employees, cleints, insurance, overhead, etc..It effects us all from the craftsmen turning out $100K in wood working a year, to the guy turning out millions in custom homes a year. The issues are the same, the answers are similar.

I offer my opinion based on my experiences, they are the same regardless of my registered status here on contractors talk.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unregistered said:
$1,500.00 equates to some basic hand tools, throw in a hand power tool or two?
LMAO Everyone is rich,yeah i know and your wallet is just filled with $100 bills :) Why the hell would anyone steal a handtool? They were all power tools and only the best. Also,that $1,500 was pocket change to me,so i did buy new ones,it just sucks when you have jobs back to back,but i guess you don't know anything about that and if your paying $1,500 for your handtools,why not try Amazon and save a ********************load :eek: WOW how about that. They aren't that expensive after all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Florcraft said:
Spoken like a true unregistered guest.

It seems to me you were just letting out some steam. Most of us here have empathy...at least the registered ones do. I am sure you either purchased more tools already, or are doing so as we speak.
thanks man,i got the tools a long time ago and i also bought a new van,so everything is much better now

·
Registered
206 Posts
Easy .......................BOB

If you keep insulting me like that, I just may have to take your daughter out on a date............ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts