Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,326 Posts
Ok seal team 6, I have some Percacet and vikadine (spelling) too. From a neck surgery.
Its not exactly classified info. Just thought if you had some piece of kit that was cool would be nice to share
This is a start....http://www.quikclot.com/home.aspx

I carry two pouches in the kit. Chainsaw, ax, circular saw cut with arterial bleeding...apparently, this is the stuff.

Luckily, I haven't had to try it out yet.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,326 Posts
I somewhat discussed what I carry in post #9.

Mixed with that is assorted survival stuff also.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thank you, I saw someone mention this earlier. Now thanks to your advise I am going to buy some, keep it in my truck and it may just help me or one of my guys one day. I don't carry anything like what you and other guys have said. I only have a walmart first aid kit. But I think this stuff looks like it is worth the money.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,326 Posts
Thank you, I saw someone mention this earlier. Now thanks to your advise I am going to buy some, keep it in my truck and it may just help me or one of my guys one day. I don't carry anything like what you and other guys have said. I only have a walmart first aid kit. But I think this stuff looks like it is worth the money.
My truck is my only transportation and chances are...I'm never too far away from it.

I tell my friends and neighbors...if we are ever in a disaster situation...don't lose sight of my truck.

Be Prepared....B.S.A......swore my oath around the 6th grade.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
we have first aid kits in all of our trucks. I should pick up a small box of Band-Aids to keep in my bags though so I don't have to get off the roof and go down to the truck when I get a cut.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,326 Posts
we have first aid kits in all of our trucks. I should pick up a small box of Band-Aids to keep in my bags though so I don't have to get off the roof and go down to the truck when I get a cut.
I try hard not to get cut but if I do...chances are it's time for a small break.

After all...I'm in charge.....:whistling

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
and a couple I'm keeping secret,
What ever you have, that you think is so special forces secret is something to help, or save someone. Wouldn't you want to pass on this information.[/QUOTE]

if that questions for me.

Then, Sorry some things can't be shared on a public forum.

have ever need them in the years of carrying it. So.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Its not exactly classified info. Just thought if you had some piece of kit that was cool would be nice to share
I'm not going to post things on a public forum that could get me, or someone else in a jam. Sorry.

Some thing said or posted here ,(pictures), sometimes could be seen by
big brother.

My insurance carrier checked my website for photos to make sure I wasn't doing things that weren't covered by my policy. Imagine what they would thing if they saw someone working unsafe, or blasting a rock with a bullet, http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/concrete-drilling-and-breaking-tools/a-plumbers-bag-of-tricksblasting-rock-with-a-bullet_o.aspx?dfpzone=blogs.davidfrane,or not using fall protection, or safety glasses. etc.

·
Design/Build
641 Posts
This is a start....http://www.quikclot.com/home.aspx

I carry two pouches in the kit. Chainsaw, ax, circular saw cut with arterial bleeding...apparently, this is the stuff.

Luckily, I haven't had to try it out yet.
The Army quit using Quickclot powder because it is hell to clean out of a wound. The new version is an impregnated gauze that does not have that problem.

Quickclot is good for rapid blood loss that can't be treated with a tourniquet - chest, head, neck etc. Most wounds to extremities can be controlled with direct pressure or a tourniquet.

Here is a slick one the Army uses and you can easily carry around in your bags. I keep one handy for chain saw and circ saw work.

http://www.narescue.com/portal.aspx?CN=33B7051138B3

41 - 50 of 50 Posts