Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a carpenters vest like the snickers flexi vest. I am looking for a tool vest that you can add on tool pouches. It looks like the flexi vest has been discontinued.

·
Registered
746 Posts
No. Repcon NW has some old stock of the Skillers Flexi vest but in S or 2XL and up.

It's too bad. I don't really like vests and I hate nail bags but combined they're great. I love mine.

·
Board Shortener
235 Posts
Bjornklader makes a decent looking vest. If I was a vest guy, that's what I'd get. Love their pants and the vest looks to have the same pocket setup.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Repcon NW sell Mascot tool vest's. Take a look at those. They cost more than Skillers did. I have been eying them for awhile wishing I could find them local to try on. I am ordering one on Tuesday.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Bjornklader makes a decent looking vest. If I was a vest guy, that's what I'd get. Love their pants and the vest looks to have the same pocket setup.
I had one. It's better than the Blaklader but has the same problem as most vests: when you bend over half the contents end up on the floor. There are also very few divided pockets so any tools you have on you end up a jumbled mess. With the Flexi vest you have the option to set it up with more traditional nail bags or with pouches like a vest.

Joemack- keep an eye on ebay. They pop up every once in a while and they are almost always new stock.

·
GC/carpenter
40,535 Posts
No. Repcon NW has some old stock of the Skillers Flexi vest but in S or 2XL and up.

It's too bad. I don't really like vests and I hate nail bags but combined they're great. I love mine.
I'm getting to the point I dispise bags. But vests are too hot. We often get triple digit temps throughout the year here. I'm still looking for a viable substitute.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Californiadecks I have two occidental tool belts that I hate. If you don't need much storage you might look at the bjornkladar tool vest. I have one and it's not that hot.

·
GC/carpenter
40,535 Posts
Something like these? Where would a person keep his speed square in this. I suppose I could go back to the combination square that I carried in the early eighties.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Please tell me the speed square question is a joke...please. That pic looked like the one Ron Paulk wears in his on line how to videos..for what its worth . I can see it working well for finish carpentry.

·
Contractor
111 Posts
Has anyone tried the occidental vest? I just ordered the builders set that comes with removable bags. Pretty spendy but if they do what I hope and they fit well it'll be worth it. I won't wear bags inside homes.

·
GC/carpenter
40,535 Posts
Has anyone tried the occidental vest? I just ordered the builders set that comes with removable bags. Pretty spendy but if they do what I hope and they fit well it'll be worth it. I won't wear bags inside homes.
Give us a review after some time with them

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a blackladder vest, it is ok but you loose what is in your upper pockets when you bend over,as mentioned. I just put my speed square in one of the pockets it fits perfect.

·
GC/carpenter
40,535 Posts
I have a blackladder vest, it is ok but you loose what is in your upper pockets when you bend over,as mentioned. I just put my speed square in one of the pockets it fits perfect.
That's a problem for a deck builder

1 - 20 of 43 Posts