Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
I had my truck emptied many years ago, make sure you have receipts and pictures of everything. Updated constantly, serial #'s, clear pictures.
Some tools over a certain value need extra coverage.

I thought I would be ok with the coverage I had, I was wrong. Now ins co.'s will do anything not to cover, especially when trailer is not connected to the truck.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
rrk said:
I had my truck emptied many years ago, make sure you have receipts and pictures of everything. Updated constantly, serial #'s, clear pictures.
Some tools over a certain value need extra coverage.

I thought I would be ok with the coverage I had, I was wrong. Now ins co.'s will do anything not to cover, especially when trailer is not connected to the truck.
Yeah that's what you got to watch. Erie don't need receipts even though I have nearly all the receipts but still nice for the ones I don't have the receipts for.

They also have hardly any restrictions. Tools can be in the front yard and your in the back and they are covered still. Trailer can be unlocked, does not have to be connected to the vehicle, does not have to be in line of sight. Some of these other company's restrictions were mind boggling to lay the least.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 6x10 for a motocross trailer, now i am converting it to a dirtbike/work trailer. I'm taking it to a side job this weekend so ill leave the dirtbike in the garage. I would of got a 6x12 if i knew better, still good for small jobs though.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The bottom line for me is money. In my world, if we're not nailing up (installing) materials, I'm not making money. Loading, unloading, planning what I need for a job, forgetting something I need for a job, are all things that don't make money.
The less time I spend doing those things, the more time I'm working.
This is the reason I utilize a trailer.
Let us know what you decided. I'm always curious about other people's reasoning.
Thanks builditguy,
I think i will stay with the truck for now and build more tool boxes the full length of the tray 4.5m for tool storage. That seems to be the most cost effective option as the trailer I require is about the same length as the truck bed I have now. I will post some pictures when I have finished setting up, I have taken ideas from trailer setups for inspiration so hopefully that will work out. If I find that the truck is not working I will go to the trailer for sure.
Thanks for your advice
Cheers
Doctor

·
Roofing Siding Windows
47 Posts
We use a trailer for everything. 2 trailers, one for roofing and one for siding. This is our siding trailer, 20x8.5 with almost 8ft ceiling. Left side has a 15' carpeted bench to roll out aluminum for trim and on the right is our 10'6" brake. Spent a day building everything in it. Our brake stays inside the trailer 100% of the time. Yes it is a mess! We clean it 1-2 times a week but somehow it always ends up a mess!

Attachments

61 - 67 of 67 Posts