Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to design a clean and space efficient interior for a 7' x 14' cargo trailer. Space for all the tools (guns, hoses, cords, nails, compressor, ext) Ladders either inside or on a rack. Shelving for misc items. Maybe even a drop down table to work at or have coffee. i would love to hear any ideas or see pictures of what other framers are using. thanks:w00t:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trailer storage

If you have not done it yet, think about security. You never can have to many locks and cables. I have had many trailers, and there is never enough room. Now you have space for more tools. Buy a car alarm, install door switches and power it by a deep cycle marine battery. Last and most important, install at least one led light on the exterior. The blinking light attracts attention and tells them to look at easier targets. The only problem, as stated earlier, is that you will run out of space. I'm in the process of converting from a 20' trailer to a 26' box truck with a lift

·
Dan
4,822 Posts
most trailers are only 7' to 8' wide at the most. are you talking about a trailer that you build cabinets inside?

I have used my trailer as a place to cut, but it gets tight in there. I have never tried to assemble or build anything inside. It's mostly for storage. It's a work in progress as I am always thinking of new ways of organizing/storing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts