Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to thank Nathan for letting me post this here. I'm in the process of creating a new site on tool reviews. I just wanted to get a little feedback on what everyone would want in a site like that?
I started looking for tool review sites the other day for something I'm thinking of buying. It was pretty disappointing to be honest. Most of the sites were exact duplicates of what amazon offers.. right down to the reviews. Other sites had reviews but every tool was rated #1 - and we all know that's not true.
Anyway I'm in the process of coding the interface and administration of the site and wanted to see of options you all might want to see. Site URL is http://www.protoolreview.com

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I think the site should have the ability to post tools up for review by the users.

Probably best if we have to log in, similiar to the login on this system.

Probably have a rating system 1,2,3,4,5.

Also have the ability for people to write reviews.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The direction I am heading right now is have me put up tools as I review them. Users will then be able to leave comments of their experiences - like amazon. The rating will be a thumbs up or thumbs down - like cnet. The admin will give it an editors review rating (1-5) on Features, Performance, Value, and Usability - like cnet.
I was thinking about having people submit the tools - but I want the tools submitted to actually go through a test of sorts - then all the information presented will be consistent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts