Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Worker bee.
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Kamloops!

So I'm taping a renovation job where the insulation is out of the cieling, resulting in room temperatures of plus 40C.

Should I be concerned about the mud staying stuck to the walls and ceiling?

The mud (Classic Finish) is drying at the edge of the float within seconds of being laid down, anymore water in the stuff and it won't stay on the knife.

Thank you kindly

·
Registered
91 Posts
its around the same temp here too, and i'm not having any problems other than getting the rookies to mix the mud every 10 mins. Then wiping my sweat off the floor.......

·
Drywall stopper
85 Posts
If setting type mud dries before it actually "sets" then it will lose it's strength (expect some cracks). All purpose mud would be your best bet, or work at night when it's cooler then you can drink during the day when it's hotter.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yup I love taping in the heat......I have a portable evaporative cooler. It puts moisture in the air as it cools Its helps alot as long as humidity is under 40% Mine was a window unit I put on wheels and adapted it to go from 1/4 water line to hook to a garden hose

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti...4967294&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=evaporative+cooler

In the midwest we'd use spray bottles and lightly mist the rock several times ahead of us too cood it and out some premoisure in it

·
Worker bee.
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Thanks for the advice!
I used a damp rag to help it stick, still dried right behind me....and in the pan, and on the knife, Grrrrrrr. But it's done.

~Dick~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.