Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half bath, 6 wide 6.5 deep as pictured. Wc to go where nail box is... Door next to wc...6' vanity opposing end wall.

image-3755756484.jpg

Move the wall back a foot ??? The view is killer though. I don't want the wc and window too close, but I don't want a half bath that's too big
Help please. Need to finish the framing today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go for it- I don't see where it would be a violation, not in my neck of the woods anyway.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
View killer good or killer bad?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Is this your situation?

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, exact situation. The view is amazing, mountain, apple orchard, vineyard...so I don't want curtains blinds.
Privacy issue is minimal, but there..or perceived anyway by some.
Window is 3.5 or so off floor. So unless you are a really tall guy... You are hidden. Thinking of ladies and deuces with potential company in the yard.
Most importantly, how will the bath FEEL.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Don't over think it. If the owner is having guests over, they will learn to close the blinds beforehand.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I think it's fine. I've done baths that are far more visible than that, including a glass outside wall.

I once did a job in a subdivision where the master bath had a tub/shower on the outside wall with all glass above the tub, no curtain. I asked the HO if she felt self conscious. She replied that she has seen neighbors looking over the fence but that didn't hurt her.

It takes all kinds of people to make a world. Let them make their own decisions about how they want to live.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I way over thought that. Put my purse and iPhone down and Framed it...back 8". Puts the wc tight on joist but acceptable.
Totally crouched down and did a mock douce.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My parents place on the Jersey shore used to have a toilet in the upstairs bathroom that was next to the window. It was in the back of the house, so you could watch the boats passing by in the lagoon if you forgot to bring something to read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts