Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I met with a nice couple for a small bathroom remodel. They told me what they wanted but said that it wasn't a deal breaker if we needed to adjust things to stay in their budget range.

First price shot over and it was 3k above budget. Re-worked scope and came in just under budget.

Now we wait. Super nice people very reasonable...almost too reasonable :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I feel bad for them. They said they had set SEVERAL appointments for contractors to come out and look and only myself and one other kept the appointment. I guess everyone else is monied up :blink:

·
Registered
390 Posts
So today I met with a nice couple for a small bathroom remodel. They told me what they wanted but said that it wasn't a deal breaker if we needed to adjust things to stay in their budget range.

First price shot over and it was 3k above budget. Re-worked scope and came in just under budget.

Now we wait. Super nice people very reasonable...almost too reasonable :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I feel bad for them. They said they had set SEVERAL appointments for contractors to come out and look and only myself and one other kept the appointment. I guess everyone else is monied up :blink:
this is all on their word.:

other contractors " never showed"

their "budget" who decided that was a reasonable budget for what they wanted .( they did..)

you went down $3000?
did you just lower your price?
or did you eliminate items?
or both?

hopefully you talked with them a while , so you get a feel for them .
they could just be good at "getting great deals!"

not slamming you here ( definitely on your side here brother), and i`ve gone down to get a job before .

just saying , i hope you were interviewing them through this and have that feeling that they`re gonna be a good reasonable client. and that lower price is good for you . you have a budget too.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My price was lowered because we eliminated a considerable amount from the scope. Like tile surround for example.

I qualified them before I even showed up. And the issue with nobody showing up has been the talk all over town. Not sure what is going on???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To busy with their current projects.
If that is the case can't one simply say that? Why set the appointment and then not show? That's the part that doesn't make sense.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,250 Posts
Well a lot of people want to have their appointments on the weekend and guys who just worked all week don't want them on the weekends. Nor do they want to have them after working a 10 hour day.

But other than that I agree, if you make the appointment - show up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts