Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Dude would not have like me> at all < after he slid the coil over a knifed cut and only would have gotten worse after.

Other comments I will keep to myself :censored:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
either way, i can't believe someone would film another person like that. i would refuse to work if someone was doing that to me.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Its not critical work who cares? Id be mAd if i saw my guys using a new roll of coil for that kinda work

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
HO crossed the line. You don't go into the contractor's truck for ANY reason! I don't care if the guy is a hack. I don't care if it's his first day. I don't even care if he is really a helper who has the truck today because the scheduled guy is out sick.. when someone takes the camera into the truck, anywhere near the truck, and they have the audacity to open the door and go inside of it without their permission, that's the end of the day. The customer gets rescheduled.

Reactions: Kniggit

·
Every now and then poster
13,436 Posts
I also enjoyed; "you have 20' of measurements?"

Uh huh..

I guess they just compensate for the slope with hand bending.

It didn't appear he made it under the ice and water ("the black sticky stuff") either . I suppose if he made it under the starter it'll be ok.

Here and I get concerned if I'm making my crows foot tight enough. Apparently I have been wasting time my whole life.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Its not critical work who cares? Id be mAd if i saw my guys using a new roll of coil for that kinda work
Thats what I was thinking. The guy was basically making a drip edge.
Looks like he put the correct side (the non-driveway sliding side) into the brake.
Only problem I see is he didnt compensate for the roof slope and now the shingles are sticking up.

I can see if he was hacking up up fascia or critical capping but those gutters are so damn ugly and make houses look bad that the pieces he is making are really nothing in the scheme of things.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts