Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use both these instant glues to compare?? Titebond is easier to get around here, but I've always used 2P-10.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
I recently tried a 10 second version of "something" I picked up at woodcraft (they didn't have 2P10) to join some finished crown, outside corners. They told me I didn't need an activator - just hold it for 10 seconds....well THAT didn't work. :( I found myself quickly going to "plan B" with a micropinner. Annoying. Still don't know what I did wrong.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woodcraft is very close to me and they carry the Titebond. Think that was it?? I've always used the activator with 2P-10.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Woodcraft is very close to me and they carry the Titebond. Think that was it?? I've always used the activator with 2P-10.
It probably was, but I removed it from my mind after the failure. The other problem with it was that it wasn't a gel. Next time I'll get the gel.

·
Builder, Remodeler
33 Posts
The titebond works great, in my opinion. You just have to work quickly.

In a pinch, Loctite gel works the same, but is very expensive per oz, compared to the others.

-TH

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
id say just get whats the most readily available if they give hte same result.. why spend extra time driving to get a specific brand..

i use mitrebond which is sold at the lumberyard thats only blocks from my house along with a woodworking supply i shop at. i have to drive across the bridge to a cabinet shop supplier to get 2p-10

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,706 Posts
Why would you do that. Gorilla glue is inferior in almost every way. The only thing it really has over TB2 is it is waterPROOF

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,706 Posts
eh...

Not for continuous submersion or for use below the waterline

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,706 Posts
That's what waterproof means. TBII is waterproof by those terms.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,706 Posts
I like how they say it's a natural color and it avoids the orange after glow glue line.

Been using "yellow" glues my whole life and I don't remember once seeing an orange glue line. Plus it doesn't come in gallons.

I'm sure it works good. But I know how TBII works and that's what I'll stick with for now.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I thought we were talking about instant/fast set glues for small molding miters etc.

I'm still using 90 second epoxy..... but it's hard to find.... only place I can find it is HF.... (really need to pick-up a pin nailer... only have an 18)

I need to try P2-10 (that's instant isn't it). Does titebond now make a version of it.

TIA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts