Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the guys using titanium hammers are you using them because of the weight or because of the shock absorption. If you weigh a ti-bone it doesnt weigh any less than a 20 ounce wood handled framer

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
I just ordered a ti-bone off Amazon last night. Nevermind the weight or shock absorption I'm just addicted to buying tools. My Cali Framer works just fine for what I need.

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
I bought my Ti-Bone because after using a buddies, I found it to be a more comfortable hammer, and felt nicer to drive nails with.

·
GC/carpenter
43,838 Posts
Joemack1 said:
To the guys using titanium hammers are you using them because of the weight or because of the shock absorption. If you weigh a ti-bone it doesnt weigh any less than a 20 ounce wood handled framer
My Dalluge titanium is the same size as your 20oz but the Dalluge weighs only 16oz. It's not the swinging reason I have a light hammer it's carrying it around all day in my bags. With nail guns it's not near as important as it used to be.

Stonemason's hammer Claw hammer Splitting maul Hammer Framing hammer

Best damn hammer in the history of the world right here.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have found if your sinking nails above your head, theyre pretty sweet. If your moving timber around, trying to toe nail with a 8 inch swing inside a stud bay or doing a bit of demo you will wished you put the heavier steel hammer on your belt.

I absolutely love this hammer http://shophardcorehammers.com went from a 32oz vaughan 707 which I now only use for hanging cable tray and other such work that requires a heavy hit for setting anchors.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
For me it's the weight. And I also want to look cool

·
Registered
371 Posts
I actually bought my Stiletto because my wrist and elbow we're bothering me, now they don't bother me anywhere near like they used too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's been many years since I last tried out a Stiletto, but I remember it throwing a lot of sparks, which looked pretty wicked.

·
Good with wood
57 Posts
Californiadecks that bad boy looks pretty sweet. I'm still carrying old reliable my 28oz eastwing, but I think I just found what I'm going to ask mrs. Claus for Christmas.

·
Good with wood
57 Posts
jlsconstruction said:
I got mine after a few elbow surgeries, and I keep swinging it because it doesn't hurt to swing, it's light on my bags, and I don't have to keep changing handles.
Yeah my hips have permanent marks from my old bags. I'm all about keeping a lighter load now. I don't have a set of oxy's but my $70 set of clc's with a padded belt seem to do the trick. I have pins in both of my wrists from an injury in Iraq so hopefully the lighter hammer will put that to ease a touch.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Yeah my hips have permanent marks from my old bags. I'm all about keeping a lighter load now. I don't have a set of oxy's but my $70 set of clc's with a padded belt seem to do the trick. I have pins in both of my wrists from an injury in Iraq so hopefully the lighter hammer will put that to ease a touch.
I just finally got some oxys a few months ago, and love them

·
Good with wood
57 Posts
jlsconstruction said:
I just finally got some oxys a few months ago, and love them
I might eventually get some but I gotta tighten up the budget now with the baby on the way. Which ones are you wearing?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I got one for the weigh, and reducing shock. My elbow bothered me so I not one and it stopped. Overall they just feel great when driving nails. And I look cool when I pull my Tibone out of the truck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts