Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a roofer pushing for Titanium PSU as opposed to Grace I&WS, Thoughts? +/-'s?

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
Wish I could help you, teetor, what are his reasons for using it?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just the line that he carries. It has a fiberglass reinforced upper surface (think gray plastic tarp) with nubblies that are supposed to be non-slip. Whoopee! The roof is only a 5-12 and, with metal, they aren't going to be walking around on it that long.
I was more concerned about adhesiveness and sealing.
He's also pushing the radiant barrier, the jury is still out on that one too.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
ahhhh....the old radiant barrier trick. tell him that shiny stuff does not reflect heat, just light. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Titanium PSU has no ICBO Research Report Number. This puts them out of business out West in ICBO Country. I know nothing else about it. Haven't seen it yet in our area. The Titanium UDL does have the ICBO Number, but is not an ice dam membrane.
Jim

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coverage is the same as Grace, 2 sq. per roll. I'll find out about price tomorrow.
jm, They are both Miami-Dade approved and I have been told that it is the most stringent code in the country.
Aaron, visible light wavelengths are about 400-700 nanometers, heat wavelengths are from 700-1 million nanometers. Obviously, the medium used to reflect each would be different.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Titanium PSU does not have ICBO Research Report. I checked w/ICC-ES In Whittier, Ca Friday. Their ICBO is for UDL only. Their literature is misleading...says ICC-AC-48, which is a test protocal, not a report. They have to pass the protocol before they get the Research Report, which is a different number. I don't know about Miami-Dade...I think their criteria is wind uplift only...certiantly not the nail sealability. Do let us know about pricing.
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts