Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is something that we do each Holiday Season.

I'd like to post this for two reasons;

1. To give/pass-along to others the concept (those that don't do this).

2. To open the discussion up for other suggestions (other member's practices). Many do this as well - But what are your ideas, and suggestions....

Tis the season:

Every year at this time, we, as a company:

- Send out Greeting Cards to all past Clients, and current Clients. This includes Home Owners, Businesses, Suppliers, Sales Reps, Large Companies that we have bid work with, Others that we network with, etc, etc.

- Pack up gifts and hand deliver them. This is open to what you want to give, or what is "appropriate" to give. We like to give "Liquor gift boxes" to most of the "guys" listed in the point before this. This is something that you would need to be cautious with, as some individuals do not drink, for one reason or another.

- Alternate Gifts: Gift cards to local, or national restaurants.

- Gift Baskets to Female connections (Managers, Sales Reps, etc...)

- Box of mixed chocolates to Office Staff. Alternately, some kind of "food platter" to an office staff.

- Other gift type cards to: Spas, Stores, Restaurants, etc...

There are many positive aspects to this, let alone, the fact that it's a nice professuional gesture, and sends a positive professional image of your company/business.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,941 Posts
I do the card thing (and I really need to get hustling on that). Actual physical goods, not so much.

In years past, working in other fields, the occasional box of chocolates seemed appropriate--but for some reason it's never felt quite right to me in this venue.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Our office sends out calendars (with our logo and contact info of course).

We usually get cards from the insurance companies we represent, with numerous signatures from all their staff. The past few years, there have been a few insurers that haven't sent out the fancy corporate embossed cards anymore; but instead, we get a mass email with appropriate festive clipart that says they took the money meant for cards and postal charges and donated it to charity. I like that idea.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I realize that many are on a tighter budget, and it is may not be possible to do what has been a practice in the past. Many are cutting back.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, yeah - Give you guys about a week, and some holiday drinks and spiked eggnog = and you'll all change from grinches & Scrooges - to actual human beings with a little holiday spirit.

Bbrrrrrrr= it's cold on here....

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
This year I have put together some nice "packages" for all the clients I did work for this year.

Each one is unique and tailored for the particular client.

I also try to re-connect with my customers from earlier years - normally with a phone call - wish them a Merry X-mas, find out how their family is doing, and make sure there are no issues with the work we did for them

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Tis the season:

Every year at this time, we, as a company:

- Send out Greeting Cards to all past Clients, and current Clients. This includes Home Owners, Businesses, Suppliers, Sales Reps, Large Companies that we have bid work with, Others that we network with, etc, etc.

- Pack up gifts and hand deliver them. This is open to what you want to give, or what is "appropriate" to give. We like to give "Liquor gift boxes" to most of the "guys" listed in the point before this. This is something that you would need to be cautious with, as some individuals do not drink, for one reason or another.
We send out cards to past customers, (we would go broke sending them all gifts.)

We send out cards to suppliers, subs (aren't your suppliers and subs supposed to be sending you liquor gift boxes, not the other way around)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I load up a truck and hand deliver, in our area, a honey glazed, spiral sliced ham or a big arsed turkey to the key people in my business dealings. I make the kids lug 'em up to their doors or into their shops. Seems to work rather well.

These are the people I invite to our 4th of July parties too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts