Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roof on your house is probably the most overlooked part of the structure of your residence. Many people do not realize they have a problem with their roof until the inevitable happens….. roof leakage. More often than not, that is when we receive a call to perform a roof repair - only to find that the whole roof needs replaced. Some are frustrated when they are being apprised of this situation and believe we may be trying to "sell" them something they may not need. Be aware that roof repairs cost more on a hourly basis then replacing a roof. It would take "only" approximately two days of doing roofing repairs to equal the same amount paid in labor for an entire week when replacing your roof. When inspecting your roof check the condition of the following:

• Brittle shingles
  • Cupped or buckling shingles
  • Granular wear
  • Proper ventilation
  • Chimney flashings (if applicable)
  • Soil-stack flashings
  • Step flashings (if applicable)
  • Sheathing rot
  • Loose sheathing/decking
  • Popped nails

I hope this can help those of you who are unsure if you need a new roof.
For more helpful tips visit: atlasexteriors.com

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
The roof on your house is probably the most overlooked part of the structure of your residence. Many people do not realize they have a problem with their roof until the inevitable happens….. roof leakage. More often than not, that is when we receive a call to perform a roof repair - only to find that the whole roof needs replaced. Some are frustrated when they are being apprised of this situation and believe we may be trying to "sell" them something they may not need. Be aware that roof repairs cost more on a hourly basis then replacing a roof. It would take "only" approximately two days of doing roofing repairs to equal the same amount paid in labor for an entire week when replacing your roof. When inspecting your roof check the condition of the following:

• Brittle shingles
  • Cupped or buckling shingles
  • Granular wear
  • Proper ventilation
  • Chimney flashings (if applicable)
  • Soil-stack flashings
  • Step flashings (if applicable)
  • Sheathing rot
  • Loose sheathing/decking
  • Popped nails

I hope this can help those of you who are unsure if you need a new roof.
For more helpful tips visit: atlasexteriors.com

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am so freaking glad you posted this, take a look at my roof please. What do you think the problem is? How much to fix it? Please remember I'm disabled, on a fixed income, and 3/4 retarded so I expect a good price.:whistling

Attachments

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
I am so freaking glad you posted this, take a look at my roof please. What do you think the problem is? How much to fix it? Please remember I'm disabled, on a fixed income, and 3/4 retarded so I expect a good price.:whistling
Forget the roof, look at the landscaping. :whistling

www.phbconstruction.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts