Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working for a company that only does framing and work is slow ...so came to the swapmeet to sell what tools i think i wont use :/
:'(

I think i dont want to part with them cause i dont lower the price :p
Hope i get back to work full time again soon

Attachments

·
General Contractor
8,090 Posts
Everything looks like its never been used, did you clip this someplace or what...? :laughing:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was after i sold a craftsman and Ryobi table saw .... I havent used the senco much ....... Im framing so that compresor would only drive two nails than i would have to wait 5 min :p ...... I dont have as many tools as some of you guys here

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
You won't get too much for those and for me, I'd figure out another way, like pawn them or something because as long as I have tools, I can work, but if I don't have tools, hard to work.

·
Super Moderator
29,246 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you are tough times, bro.

If i could use any of it I'd make an offer.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yeah I'd think out of the box a little if framing is slow why don't you put those finish guns to work I'm sure you can hook up with a small finish carpenter for a few days a week! And it's nice clean work.
But if you must try part it out like the other poster said on Craigslist or pawn, I hate selling things because once it's gone I usually get a call a few days later hey can you hang a door or knock out some base!😂

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
My grinder, WTF?
Ya know, I was dragged to a huge flea market once (mile high flea market) and saw a table with what looked like used, but professional grade tooling. Went over there and sure enough, two young guys were selling grinders, rotoray hammers, etc. big stuff. It looked like they were the usual "getting out of the business", but I recognized the GC markings on the tools. It was a very big GC and ain't no way they were getting out of the business and no reason for them to sell still working tools, much less in this manner.

·
GC/carpenter
44,231 Posts
CO762 said:
Ya know, I was dragged to a huge flea market once (mile high flea market) and saw a table with what looked like used, but professional grade tooling. Went over there and sure enough, two young guys were selling grinders, rotoray hammers, etc. big stuff. It looked like they were the usual "getting out of the business", but I recognized the GC markings on the tools. It was a very big GC and ain't no way they were getting out of the business and no reason for them to sell still working tools, much less in this manner.
I would of snapped a picture of them their license plates and the tools. Then forwarded it to the GC. That chit just don't wash!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
It's a fixed flea market with buildings and tables out into the parking lot, but no vehicles (that I remember). Was the only time I ever went there as most of that stuff is junk. In mexico there's what's called a "fayuca", basically a "thieves market". I could have found someone to report them to, but nothing would have been done and even if I found a cop there, by the time I came back with him they'd be gone and even if somehow caught, they'd be given a ticket using one of their fake names and that'd be it. Was burned out on the whole denver thing and working on getting out. I should change my handle here to EX-CO(762).

·
Registered
358 Posts
Isn't that a truck in the picture? When I started I had a Dakota with 105k on the clock. It wasnt ideal but I always managed to make it work.

Yours seems like a nice clean ride to get the job done...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Isn't that a truck in the picture? When I started I had a Dakota with 105k on the clock. It wasnt ideal but I always managed to make it work.

Yours seems like a nice clean ride to get the job done...
Yea it my 2006 toyota tacoma its nice the bed is a bit small
But im having trouble with the payments .... So ill sell ut then buy a single cab ... Dont want to but work was just to slow and i got bills to pay .
And if i sell it ill have enough for another truck and have no debt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts