Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
43,592 Posts
Jaws said:
Wow. Something is cheaper in CALI:whistling I pay over a bill a month
I get old prices they keep telling me it's normally 120 bucks but they will still honor my account price that I started with them. My chitter company treats me well. :thumbsup:

·
GC/carpenter
43,592 Posts
Californiadecks said:
I get old prices they keep telling me it's normally 120 bucks but they will still honor my account price that I started with them. My chitter company treats me well. :thumbsup:
Paying your bills on time and ever time goes a long way with people

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
In all honesty though the native Americans around here are known to be pretty lazy and drunks.
Most of the white folks around here are disease ridden liars that are known to kill defenseless women and children then throw the remaining one percent of the population in concentration camps called indian schools and reservations where millenia old traditions are erased.

·
GC/carpenter
43,592 Posts
Metro M & L said:
Most of the white folks around here are disease ridden liars that are known to kill defenseless women and children then throw the remaining one percent of the population in concentration camps called indian schools and reservations where millenia old traditions are erased.
Good point

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
And I don't mind forking over 88 bucks a month, its the best money spent on a jobsite, my chitters stay clean too, it tells a lot about the subs your hiring. They are all house broke. :thumbsup:
I keep one porta john for every 10 men in the summer with once a week service. Will go up to 15 in the winter. When it is really hot, I bump it up to twice a week service.

I always say this work is mean and nasty enough, the least I can do is try to keep a decent place for the men to take a chit.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Not that this makes any difference but just to say the house is in the slab phase. No crawl spaces. Just three concrete walls so far and a very muddy ground. Nearest neighbor is a 10 minute walk away.

Metro M & L- Well said.

·
Stone Guy
369 Posts
Reg,

overworked employees with low morale
high turnover
no porta-jon
crews of differing ethnicities being receiving obviously different treatment

Your new boss is a cheap rat-bastard and that it is a life-long condition. An acute case of just being a str8 up d1ck. He looks at life as a game....the rules of the game are try and cheat everyone that you possibly can, in order to make and keep as much wealth for yourself as you possibly can. "Give nothing back" is a terrible motto to live by. I bet he's a slum-lord as well. probably kicks puppies. Fvck this guy. Tell him how you feel and what he needs to change--don't be afraid to be honest with him--but don't expect it to do much good. Still, he deserves to hear the truth.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Yeah, I figure if people are in a messed up situation and are there for a while, they may not have a lot of other options, real or imagined.

I would not work for anyone who is so prejudiced he will allow for a bathroom for some but not others.
You are in good and full company.
It peeves me off to no end when there are portajohns for the GC and females, then portajohns for the rest of us. And they LOCK THEM!!! :shifty:

"I am....human too!!!!" :batman: :laughing:

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Metro,

I have no idea why you're bringing up things from a century or two ago in this discussion, but continuing on that trend, the commanches were quite the slave traders, in saudi arabia a thousand years ago, islam discovered algebra and were pretty good at astronomy. Pasta I think was also invented by the chinese. :D

There, now back to today....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
crews of differing ethnicities being receiving obviously different treatment
Where are people getting this from? I must have missed something as from what I can see, like you said, the owner is a cheap rat-bastard, so that's how he treats his guys, not some of his guys. There isn't a portajohn there for one group and not one for another. There's not one there at all.

(and this is why I'm asking about what type of crew works for him, to see what/who puts up with that and stays there).

·
GC/carpenter
43,592 Posts
mudpad said:
I keep one porta john for every 10 men in the summer with once a week service. Will go up to 15 in the winter. When it is really hot, I bump it up to twice a week service. I always say this work is mean and nasty enough, the least I can do is try to keep a decent place for the men to take a chit.
When I worked commercial my superintendent came out of the chitter one day, and the chitter cleaning guys was standing there, he looked at him and said, "twice a week, buddy, phuck I'm tired of sitting on the pile"!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Reg:

You just click on the "quote" button at the bottom right of this box and the quote appears. Then type your message.
Ha! It worked. What if I just wanted a certain quote out of your entire paragraph. Thanks Kowboy, send me the bill.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have several thousand posts and still haven't figured out how to multi quote in one box
If you're on your phone, long press on a post and it gives you options; quote, thank, report, select...hit select and it turns it yellow. You can select multiple posts this way, then hit the button on your phone that opens up more options, should have multi quote on there. I haven't actually used it, just messed around a bit.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have several thousand posts and still haven't figured out how to multi quote in one box
Me neither
If you're on your phone, long press on a post and it gives you options; quote, thank, report, select...hit select and it turns it yellow. You can select multiple posts this way, then hit the button on your phone that opens up more options, should have multi quote on there. I haven't actually used it, just messed around a bit.
And now I have :)

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
When I worked commercial my superintendent came out of the chitter one day, and the chitter cleaning guys was standing there, he looked at him and said, "twice a week, buddy, phuck I'm tired of sitting on the pile"!
Yeah, well my routine is that I take care of that at home every morning before I head out the door where all I gotta do is take a leak in those things. Obviously other people are either less regular than me, or it just doesn't bother them to sit down in those things.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah, well my routine is that I take care of that at home every morning before I head out the door where all I gotta do is take a leak in those things. Obviously other people are either less regular than me, or it just doesn't bother them to sit down in those things.
I don't mind sitting down in them... unless it's freezeyourassoffcold! We're a two man crew though so doesn't get that bad, I'd probably feel differently on a large commercial job where it gets used more.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts