Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while. 3 sq per day 2 guys sound right? Not too cut up but a couple of gables.

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did a Cedar Impressions job last fall- talking own the staging I noticed course 2 was unlocked. Tore it all down and rehung it.

Takes time to do things right.
I know have done many whole house jobs. None since 07. These will be Cedar Ipression impressions with individual corners.

I like the 6 sq# that seems about right.

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Tom M said:
I know have done many whole house jobs. None since 07. These will be Cedar Ipression impressions with individual corners.

I like the 6 sq# that seems about right.
Throw those stupid individual corners in trash . I hate them with a passion . The butt joints are the worst . I use full corner posts when installing them .

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I used them before on Nailite version. Again I don't remember but the dark color Sable made me think matching full length corners might be a problem.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Throw those stupid individual corners in trash . I hate them with a passion . The butt joints are the worst . I use full corner posts when installing them .
read the siding installation instructions and you will see where your problems with the corners are..

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I just did two gables, 3 square and I had about 4 hours wrapped up the trim and shakes. I was using Foundry shakes.
The shakes and shapes from The Foundry are the best IMHO. They are a breeze to install and the way they seam, is really nice.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Did a Cedar Impressions job last fall- talking own the staging I noticed course 2 was unlocked. Tore it all down and rehung it.

Takes time to do things right.
That's the problem with the Cedar Impressions from CertainTeed. It goes together like a jigsaw puzzle AND you need to be lined up exactly on the temperature lines, or you see seams all over the place when it expands and contracts.

Do they still have the thermometer strips on each panel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts