Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Steve
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been up since 3 AM CST, I have always been an early riser but the Fall Back change kills me every year. Staying up late does no good, Booze only make me feel bad the next day. Anyone have a "cure" to make sleeping in a possibility till 5 AM? All the over the counter PM type pills don't help.
At noon I am looking for quitting time instead of lunch break!

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Meditation and reprogramming yourself consciously. Most people just let it happen. You can choose whatever you want. I personally would make lemonade out of lemons and start earlier which I'm going to do Monday. Use it to your advantage and don't fight it. How many times have you been on a job and said "the "tradesman" starts at 9?" To me, early states you're ready to go.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,702 Posts
......... I personally would make lemonade out of lemons ...........
I would rather make roasted duck with a light lemon glaze. It has a better profit margin.:laughing:

·
Stud
605 Posts
I'm happy for the time change. I was getting sick of starting the machines in the dark. It's a pain when it starts to get dark at 5.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I once worked for a company for a month or two that started at 9 or 10 am. It drove me crazy that I had to quit. I show up 10 minutes to 7am and make sure I am making noise by 7:01 even if it still isnt light out. I would start earlier but I would not want to deal with the cops.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
We don't change time here, but we still get jacked around by it. Now when I get up in the morning, I have to wait an extra damned hour for football and NASCAR to start.

It was a real hassle when I was dealing with the mainland, especially east coast.

And telemaketers. The ones in NY especially. They didn't seem to understand that 10a.m. in NY was 4a.m. in HI. Bastards.

·
Registered
583 Posts
We just got the DST a few years ago here in IN. Our farm crops are a lot better now with that extra hour of daylight every day.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,886 Posts
I can handle fall back, I have a harder time handling spring ahead. As I grow older it bothers me less.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
the pissur is driving to and from work in the dark now...4x10 hrs....7-5:30...I know....that's the sissy shift!......7x12 is real...

I like the extra hour...but I woke too early this year (I took advantage:laughing:)....I hate loosing the hour in the spring

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,702 Posts
I reset my clocks twice a day, so the sun never sets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts