Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have employees, what do you use for time tracking? I'm currently using generic time cards bought at an office store, but would like something better, more detailed. Do you make your own, or is there a source for these on the web? I would like to be able to have them fill in more data, so as to be able to keep better job-costing data and production rates current.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I give them a clip board with daily work sheets, then organize it on a spreadsheet so all I have to do is fill in the blanks.

I make the crew boss record hours and work preformance at he bottom of the sheet.

Also, I file the sheets for future ref.

Bob

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
No the sheets not on the PC.

You can build on any spreadsheet with cal. functions. It's preety easy. Typ the = sign in while the cell is highlighted then c4+g6 ect. Press enter and it will auto add. You have to use the * for multiplcation. Mess with it some, Youll like it.

Bob

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I just keep the man hours, Job and a ref # to the sheet (in case I have to dig in the files) on the spreadsheet.

I go week by week on one file. Then dump them all in a month file.

Bob

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Here's one I made up.. it allows me to track by Task (CC# = Cost Control #). It's an excel file - just made it into a pdf. I have this CC# setup as an Item in quickbooks so i can enter manhours directly - I then have job costing done through quickbooks.

Attachments

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Safety Task Assignment - essentially for any new or repetitive task an STA is given where the supervisor will show and explain the safety precautions necessary and actions that must be taken before proceeding with the task. Part of our safety program.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Pipeguy - that's more of a project or daily log. Doesn't give enough area to get detailed for employee time IMO. Here's our project log (I've deleted the header and footer to keep the company anon).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
hatchet said:
Here's our project log (
I love the detail - might copy some of the layout features. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts