Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I am remodeling a bathroom and didn't realize until I put the subfloor back down that the toilet flange is slightly crooked - it tilts slightly to the right if you were at ground level and looking at it from the front. I was wondering if I need to remove the subfloor and cut the drain and put a new elbow and flange in or if it is acceptable to use the flange as it is. Also, I will be laying tile and was wondering if the flange needs to be flush with the tile floor or if it is acceptable to be slightly below.

Help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unregistered said:
I have a question. I am remodeling a bathroom and didn't realize until I put the subfloor back down that the toilet flange is slightly crooked - it tilts slightly to the right if you were at ground level and looking at it from the front. I was wondering if I need to remove the subfloor and cut the drain and put a new elbow and flange in or if it is acceptable to use the flange as it is. Also, I will be laying tile and was wondering if the flange needs to be flush with the tile floor or if it is acceptable to be slightly below.

Help!
It is best to have flange level and mounted flush on top of finished floor for a good seal between flange and commode bowl. The flange should be anchored through screw holes in flange. A bad seal can leak and ruin floor. Tanias ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts