Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was talking to someone in the industry and he mentioned how "tilt in slider" experience problems no matter how high quality they are. is this true and what are the reasons ? he said a regular slider is not as efficient as a double hung but if you need a slider so not get a tilt in.. any opinions here?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i was talking to someone in the industry and he mentioned how "tilt in slider" experience problems no matter how high quality they are. is this true and what are the reasons ? he said a regular slider is not as efficient as a double hung but if you need a slider so not get a tilt in.. any opinions here?

Yes, I agree. They're problematic from day one. Even when you get the sills perfectly level they don't like to close properly. Also water will weep inside in a downpour. It stays in the tracks but it's a guaranteed phone call. Marvins are the only ones I know of that have no problems.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Also water will weep inside in a downpour. It stays in the tracks but it's a guaranteed phone call."

is that just with tilt in sliders or all slider?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
"Also water will weep inside in a downpour. It stays in the tracks but it's a guaranteed phone call."

Just tilt n slide

·
Registered
5,425 Posts

All the sliders i have seen, you must keep the weepholes flowing or trouble. GMOD.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We have never had a problem with the tilt and slide vinyl windows we install. They are made by B.F. Rich. We have been installing them for years and have yet to have a call back on them.

·
Quality before quantity
122 Posts
We have never had a problem with the tilt and slide vinyl windows we install. They are made by B.F. Rich. We have been installing them for years and have yet to have a call back on them.
That's because "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" :D

Sorry,couldn't resist

1 - 12 of 12 Posts