Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I set what might bethe most expensive per sqft tile I have yet set. The job was for a shade under 8 sf. The tiles are 12x2 strips. The first pic sort of saya it all.

I cant flip the last 2 pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know but at $150 + sf paid price they were more than the 22caret gold 2x2 I set in 07. Now to be honest they are some of the coolest tile, and they really make the kitchen pop. Wished I had a better camera, in person they change color based on your angle of view.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For something like this why not do it one step all with grout?
Getting everything in place and keeping it there is a pain, even worse if you try to use a 1 step does it all (poorly) product.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Getting everything in place and keeping it there is a pain, even worse if you try to use a 1 step does it all (poorly) product.
I did my backsplash with Permacolor and admix, the grab strength was incredible, no sag, but once you slap the tile on it wants to stay there and it's nearly impossible to "float" it around on the wall. But I gotta say it was hella fast.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't use much Laticrete besides 253 gold & Strata Mat, as the supplier is inconvenient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts