Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 5,500 sqft barrel tile roof to clean and paint. In the past I have used a elastomeric product from Porter Paints. Just wondering what everyone else is using and what seems to work the best. All input or links to other products would be great.

·
Registered
381 Posts
At Southwest Companies we are strictly Commercial / Industrial painters and roofers but you can try Uniflex on the roof. It is a product owned by Sherwin-Williams. They say you can put it on any roofing system. we only use it for metal roofs with a zink based primer.

good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've painted loads of contcrete tile flat and S in the Boca, Ft. Lauderdale area. No need to use elasto unless you have leaks. There should be paint Co's that specialize in that sort of thing. Try gooling roof paint and see what comes up. I've not been in that sort of thing for maybe 5 years but in fact roof paint is cheaper than regular paint and is made especially for it. The company used to be called American Coatings or American Paints. If you're in that area let me know. pd

·
Registered
41 Posts
American seems to be belly up, but found Acrylux.com over in Ft. Laud. area. I have to figure there are several more where tile roofs are used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts