Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl P4

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at tile blades and I'm not sure what to get. The ones I've been looking at are 1. T3 Razor 2. RTC Razor 3.RTC Stealth 4. RTC The Shield Turbo and 5. Pearl P4 Turbo Mesh

Currently the main thing I want to be able to cut is porcelain tile. I see the T3 Razor is for "Staight Cuts Only. Tip up cuts, Clean out cuts, and shaping can damage the blade." Why do those type of cuts damage the blade? What are the advantages/disadvantages of a continuous rim or a segmented mesh type edge? It would be nice if they had some type of chart with a star rating to compare the blades.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't have any experience with the blades in question, but anything other than a straight cut will put unequal pressure on the blade and cause the blade to warp slightly. This ends up causing vibrations in the blade which transfer to the tile and cause splits in delicate tiles.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
No idea what a tip up cut is but I have used my T3 for all the other cuts. The blade is fine so I would put to much pressure sideways on the blade but I have not bent mine yet. The T3 does cut like butter. Cuts 5x better than my stock dewalt blade. I was amazed the first time I used it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I imagine a "tip up cut" would be lifting the tile off the carrier deck to get a deep square notch cut. This can also cause uneven pressure on the sides of the blade, thereby causing warpage. I personally do not like segmented blades for this very reason. They are much truer to start with, and if you baby them will stay truer, but they're very sensitive to side to side pressure, and warp very easily.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
TheGrizz said:
I imagine a "tip up cut" would be lifting the tile off the carrier deck to get a deep square notch cut. This can also cause uneven pressure on the sides of the blade, thereby causing warpage. I personally do not like segmented blades for this very reason. They are much truer to start with, and if you baby them will stay truer, but they're very sensitive to side to side pressure, and warp very easily.
Yeah that makes sense. I do a lot if cuts like that on the T3 with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts