Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the makers of Glidden have come out with a new line of paints called "THIS OLD HOUSE PAINT"

http://www.thisoldhousepaint.com

Anyone know anything about it?
I wonder if it will be sold at Home Depot like all the other ICI products.

·
Registered
431 Posts
probably will be sold in Home Depot - how can they possibly have another line of paint? It has to be just a re-labeled line that glidden already makes. But priced far higher - so all those Diy'selfers will pay more money. As far as I know, Devoe, fuller o'brien paints have never been distributed at the Home Depot. ICI makes all these brands but you wonder if there is an difference in quality. But I would swear Devoe is a professional paint, far above glidden.

-PlainPainter

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I had to dig up the latest issue of TOH and there is a special ad on pages 3+4. According to it this is a new, specially formulated super-premium paint for one coat coverage and has the ability to withstand New England weather. It can be tinted to 320 vintage colors, is particularly resistant to mildew and backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
It also carries the TOH trademark and I'm sure that they are paid a good part of that 'premium' price.
For more look in the Jan/Feb issue. You can read it while standing in line at the box store and then shuck it before you have to pay for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts