Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...iers-stiffed-in-pet-store-expansion-1.2546875

I really do feel bad for the guys in the story, but I am kinda surprised to see it in the news. I mean, it's not like it's an uncommon occurrence. The article even says that there's an estimated 300 mil in unpaid tradesmen every year.

No one did an article on the guy here in Nova Scotia who stiffed three banks, scammed an insurance company and left one guy with a labor bill for 50k.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Whats crazy is how much this goes on. Still to this day property developers in the UK i worked for are still in business after not paying millions of $ worth of work. Yet they still show posts of them self driving around in Bentleys, lambos, range rovers and traveling the world like high rollers yet they have claimed to be bankrupt more times than i can count.

The one guy i done work for put more than a few contractors out of business. They claim bankruptcy then somehow open up the company again a few days later under very similar name and new premises and do the same thing again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts