Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. it's shîtrocking!

Started a trim today. I've never seen rocking this bad.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Wow. I get irked when we have to go to mid size plates. I hope a complaint makes it to the tapers, so they can ***** to the hangers.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. I get irked when we have to go to mid size plates. I hope a complaint makes it to the tapers, so they can ***** to the hangers.
The bad this is the telephone and cable tv outlets don't come in 'jumbo' or 'mid-size'.

And if you put ONE on, you need to put them on ALL the devices just to make it look consistent. Over-size plates stick out like Justin Beiber's weenie in jail.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
I can't believe any taper/mudder worth a sh!t would just leave those. Isn't it their job to spin those and make them look nice? Or at least passable?

I'll admit, I've had a few go wonky on me, but I try to do better than that. :blink: Lately, I've been getting boxes that if I would use a rotozip, the plates won't cover. They are just an odd size. I just mud them as a habit now.

·
Head sawdust creator
1,125 Posts
Most tapers worth having around would fix the chit.... then ***** about it to the boss. We used to charge back 5 bucks a box for crap like that. The rockers smartened up real quick!!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'm blaming it on the GC. It looks to me as if the sheetrock was put on and textured before the boxes were put in, then the electricians (or maybe the GC's FNG) hacked the holes for the boxes. After the boxes were installed the painters sprayed.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts