Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so wrong. :eek::eek:

How many issues, errors, mistakes, dumbness can you find??

Photo0323.jpg

Photo0328.jpg

If you did this Camera Job, you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,611 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
that looks like a real "in and out" job from a local alarm company called "Bay Alarm". Is that wire outdoor rated? Nice drip loop..hahah drains right into the gutter....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks like a real "in and out" job from a local alarm company called "Bay Alarm". Is that wire outdoor rated? Nice drip loop..hahah drains right into the gutter....

Yea, I think white cable is UV rated for exterior use ONLY.:w00t::w00t:

My hope that when the cable starts to breakdown and the pictures go bad they then decide to call me to fix all their problems.:clap:

·
The Security Guy...
102 Posts
That's what they paid for Les! ;)

I had an owner "tell me" I was going to supply 12 day/night superhad cameras, heater/blower housings, h.264 dvr networked and all parts installed for $2000.

"If" I could have purchased the product for that price, I too would have had to just throw the wire to the other building! :laughing:

You wouldn't want to do the service on that job :whistling

Jim

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don't you need to maintain 13'6" of vertical clearance at a gas station to accomodate trucks and RV's? A motorhomes air conditioner could snag that mess and yank it out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It is very hard to bid and win jobs for Quality Installed Security Systems when Costco, Sams Club, Frys Electronics and the internet sell these CMOS or cheap CCD day/night infrared cameras with a cheap networked DVR. How do you guys do it?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Security is a mugs game, I'm glad its far from my main source of income for I loose piles of work to under bidding. Now I tell clients straight up "ADT will do this for less, if you want it for less go call them".

·
Registered
618 Posts
ADT will always do it cheap on the residential end of things, on the commercial end of things ADT is not cheap. I pride myself in quality installed systems (fire, sound, security, video, access, fire sprinklers)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had an owner "tell me" I was going to supply 12 day/night superhad cameras, heater/blower housings, h.264 dvr networked and all parts installed for $2000.

Thankfully there are the group of people that are willing to pay for good equipment and quality installs.:clap:

Sadly the others may never understand.:shutup:

Les

·
Registered
618 Posts
Folks will understand when they get phucked over during a robbery or incident, don't have any info they thought they would have. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ADT will always do it cheap on the residential end of things, on the commercial end of things ADT is not cheap. I pride myself in quality installed systems (fire, sound, security, video, access, fire sprinklers)
I was at a gas station convenience store trying to track down where ADT put their panel (so i could replace it). I ended up having to climb up through the drop ceiling, shove aside pink insulation, and hoist myself into the enclosed (no real entrances) attic space where i found the panel screwed to a single roof truss at a 20degree angle.

Its no wonder ADT closed the local office in this area.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Don't you need to maintain 13'6" of vertical clearance at a gas station to accomodate trucks and RV's? A motorhomes air conditioner could snag that mess and yank it out.
That's called "Job Security" for the unlicensed Craig's List contractor.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I was at a gas station convenience store trying to track down where ADT put their panel (so i could replace it). I ended up having to climb up through the drop ceiling, shove aside pink insulation, and hoist myself into the enclosed (no real entrances) attic space where i found the panel screwed to a single roof truss at a 20degree angle.

Its no wonder ADT closed the local office in this area.
ADT is part of Tyco I think. often times sub out larger jobs to a electrical contractor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts