Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
It does look odd. The placement of the inside posts is weird. There must be some kind of cantilever/box thing going under all that soffit. It looks like they had enough room for some steel or massive beamage and minimal posting. That would have looked killer. Well, killerish anyway.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Whoever is responsible, that chit passed dumb and high-fived ugly on the way.

In terms of responsible. Everybody is a "designer" these days.......:rolleyes:

I actually feel bad for folks when they are confronted with the standing evidence that they are not.....good at it.

Reactions: Jaws

·
Registered
551 Posts
im guessing that is a designer issue not a builder issue..
Agreed. You beat me to it. I'm quicker to point the finger at the plans before the builder.
I've built some awkward looking things before because, 'that's what the homeowner wants'. Those are the ones where you don't stick your sign in the front lawn.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A hurricane swept the town, (Goderich) a couple of years ago and obliterated thousands of trees and hundreds of century old buildings. My guess is that a renegade builder decided to capitalize and build a few spec homes. Or maybe not. Perhaps someone actually thought this looked good and would last.

It was/is a beautiful town, I just hate to see it blighted like this.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.