Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Because the durock is upside down?

·
pro
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morning Wood said:
Is there waterproofing? Do I see rubber behind the cement board. And did they tile right onto the KD stud there?
Yeah there is a pan liner, but they screwed thru it installing the cement board on the curb. Not sure what is going on with the tile and the studding lol.

I have nothing to do with this projects this is a picture I pulled off His wife's Facebook page. Raving about her new bathroom remodel.

·
Tile & Marble Contractor
488 Posts
looks like another guy wanting to do tile like those painters,
plumbers, carpet layers, drywallers, carpenters, etc..

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
There are no words...but this definitely needs to be on the "WALL OF SHAME" thread!
At least the shower will only leak eventually and ruin some ceilings below. When clients like this go for cheap on plumbing or electrical, there are distinct possibilities of of getting sick or getting hurt FAST. As much as I try to explain the differences, I always wonder if my salesmanship was just not good enough to keep their families potentially out of harms way.

Sometimes stupid wins in their own frugality and further proves Darwins theory. Nothing I can do about that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
At least the shower will only leak eventually and ruin some ceilings below. When clients like this go for cheap on plumbing or electrical, there are distinct possibilities of of getting sick or getting hurt FAST. As much as I try to explain the differences, I always wonder if my salesmanship was just not good enough to keep their families potentially out of harms way.

Sometimes stupid wins in their own frugality and further proves Darwins theory. Nothing I can do about that.
Looks like the shower is on slab so that at least one problem resolved!

·
pro
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rselectric1 said:
At least the shower will only leak eventually and ruin some ceilings below. When clients like this go for cheap on plumbing or electrical, there are distinct possibilities of of getting sick or getting hurt FAST. As much as I try to explain the differences, I always wonder if my salesmanship was just not good enough to keep their families potentially out of harms way. Sometimes stupid wins in their own frugality and further proves Darwins theory. Nothing I can do about that.
This guy was so bad that when I was explaining the "processes" and how we can benefit him and our warranty ect. He stopped me at the beginning and said all I need is the bottom figure and showed me to the door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts