Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
it doesn't look good on your part calling someone an idiot not knowing how to spell.

makes me think of "the pot calling the kettle black"

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That there is a dedicated employee! Boss said get it done and he's gettin' it done! Poor guy is probably making burger flipper wages too.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
it doesn't look good on your part calling someone an idiot not knowing how to spell.

makes me think of "the pot calling the kettle black"
Poor sentence structure. - 2 pts
Capital "m" required. - 1 pt.

B+ :)

I've ironically said "He is a idiot!" (not "an idiot") but nobody gets the joke. It just lands with a thud and a blank stare.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's no wonder OSHA is cracking down on fall protection with Aholes like this.
I was on site during 3 separate falls way back when......pretty serious injuries which could have been avoided with fall protection.....on one, the guy landed on a piece of uncapped rebar.

Out here, I know of three significant falls in the last 15 years......one guy died, leaving behind 3 young kids......another, a friend of mine, only looks sort of like his old self because his wife provided pictures to the plastic surgeons to help guide them.......they think he may have fainted.......as most falls there are significant arm injuries trying to break the fall........he landed face first from over 20 feet......

While OSHA can be a pain in the ass for some minor things, I don't have a problem with cracking down on fall protection.......especially when it's because the boss won't provide it, which I've seen firsthand.

And for some, common sense isn't enough......sadly, they'll need the threat of a fine to make them comply.......I'm here to tell you, you don't wanna be one of the guys comforting a friend while you wait for the EMTs.......

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
Poor sentence structure. - 2 pts
Capital "m" required. - 1 pt.

B+ :)

I've ironically said "He is a idiot!" (not "an idiot") but nobody gets the joke. It just lands with a thud and a blank stare.
You're gonna need a mods help because it's in the title. IDK how many points deducted for needing an assist. But you didn't say what you said you said. But I understand you think you said it. :>)

Good Luck
Dave

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
Fellas, fellas....

Look closer. There's scaffolding below him. If he thinks he's going to fall, I'm sure he can just jump onto that.

:jester::jester::jester:

(I was gonna say "gonna", but I didn't want the grammer police after me :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
mrghm said:
No scaffold, no handrail, no life line.

Saw this total at neighbouring job site
Are you taking this pic from a prison cell? Wondering about the mesh on the window in the second pic

1 - 20 of 56 Posts