Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY buddy was back blading his driveway, he had his lights flashers etc on, van hit him at 55.

He got thrown too the road, happened so fast he didn't realize he was even in the road,

No traffic guy said he never seen him! It's a wide open view for a long way!

He says he's fine, he is still recovering from his spring bike crash!!!!!!!! What luck

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea a 59 case, I guess he hit the bucket and took the whole front end off,

A wrecker wanted to charge him 150 to drag it 10' lol that ford did it in no time,

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,796 Posts
Glad you buddy is ok. Sure wrecked a good tractor. How does something like that work out insurance wise? Some people when driving pay no attention at all to what is ahead of them.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I'm guessing tractor guy is buying a van...

Glad he's ok!

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He said the cop called the van driver an idiot for not seeing swerving etc,

Like I said its easily seen from a 1/4 mile away,

It's covered under homeowners insurance, he was acting like its not worth pursuing and I told him to have an antique appraiser appraise it you never know!

Never got pics of the van, hell I just found out yesterday and it was last week when it happened!!!

Who knows he could of panicked and rolled out into the road , thought he was in reverse and let off the clutch, Theres always two sides ,

But with him not swerving leads me too believe he was doing something other than driving,

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He has a grand deductible, I told him he'd be throwing out atleast 2 grand lol

Then he asked how much it would cost to do his driveway for the rest of the season!

So I said probably 25 a whack, and figure there's 10 more plows worth so 250,

He asked if I would do it and I said my trailer Tires are shot, his deal with me was he'd buy me new tires, which cost 120 bucks, so it would cost me too plow his driveway lol gas in both van and wheeler and 10 cold nasty NY hours lmao

He called back and told me the plow guy was at 250 and asked if it was a good deal, I said yea hope it snows 14 more times and you win ..

He's going to snowblow now lol

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
From the pictures, that tractor might be fixable. The frame doesn't look bent, so as long as the front axle mounting points aren't tore up real bad, look like it would only be a new front axle and hood, as well as the loader itself.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Super glad your buddy is O.K. ! By the time all of us reach a certain age we realize we have cheated the devil a time or two.Happy his time was not up !

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Pretty rough stuff. Looks like he needs to invest in a cab tractor anyway. They are warmer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts