Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS AND GALS IN TEXAS AND SURROUNDING STATES AND ON UP TO CANADA...WE ARE NEW TODAY ON YOUR SITE AND HOPEFULLY CAN HAVE A NEWER BRIGHTER NEW YEAR TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

WE ARE A WOMAN OWNED COMPANY, SINCE 1994; PROVIDING ON-SITE OSHA 29CFR1910.(inclusive) REQUIRED SAFETY TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION...YEP!!! THAT'S RIGHT, WE COME TO YOU!

WE HAVE HAD A GREAT PAST, WITH TREMENDOUS AND GREAT JOBS, ALONG WITH GREAT GENERAL CONTRACTORS, SUBS, ELECTRICAL, PHCC, BRICK, DRYWALL, ETC. FROM START TO FINISH DOWN ON TO THE SMALL INDEPENDENT COMPANYS. UNFORTUNATELY...SAFETY COMES LAST IN A LOT OF COMPANY BUDGETS BUT HEY!, WE HAVE BEEN HERE THIS LONG AND DON'T PLAN ON GOING ANYWHERE YET! HOPE TO MEET AS MANY OF YOU GOOD FOLKS IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND UNTIL THEN.....HAPPY NEW YEAR IN 2010!:party:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nathan: Concerning your contractor warning for safety...please note the following...

YOUR WARNING FOR CONTRACTORS THAT READS IN THE FINAL TAIL-END THAT STATES" SOMEWHANT THAT THE POSTING SITE MAY OFFER THE POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR DEATH (or something to the near effect)

UNFORTUNATELY...I FEEL LIKE THERE IS A TAG ALREADY ON MY POSTING THAT WARNS PEOPLE "DO NOT USE" BECAUSE OF THE WARNING. I DO ON ONE HAND UNERSTAND THE LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY THAT NOONE WANTS WHEN HAVING ANY TYPE OF A SPACE (OPEN FORUM) PARTNERSHIP WITH SOMEONE THAT THEY DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT...BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, THERE IS SUCH A THING STILL AS "TRUST" THAT FALLS RIGHT INTO A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE.

I HAVE FOUND FROM PRACTICAL AND HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE THAT REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES I TEACH IT, POUND IT INTO AN OPERATORS HEAD, PLEAD WITH A SITE SUPERINTENDENT THAT "SAFETY IS A NECESSITY, NOT A LUXURY" AND IS REQUIRED BYT MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF FEDERAL AND STATE; AS SOON AS WE LEAVE A CLASS AND/OR AUDIT INSPECTION, MOST COMPANYS ARE GOING TO ADOPT THE RULE OF "WORK FAST, SAFETY LAST" AND I CRINGE WHEN I GET A CALL FROM A PROJECT MANAGER THAT TELLS ME THEY'VE HAD AN ACCIDENT ON-SITE.

SO, NOT THAT I AM REALLY A LOUD MOUTH TEXAS WOMAN THAT POPS OFF OR TAKES OFFENSE TO A "WARNING" TAG.....JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF HARDWORKING INDIVIDUALS OUT THERE THAT REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES THEY SHOW OR TELL AN EMPLOYEE, LABORER, ETC. THEY ARE GOING TO BE TAGGED AS AN ASS BECAUSE IT'S THEIR JOB, LIKE MINE TO MAKE EVERYONE AWARE OF THE OBLIGATION AND RESPONSIBILITY AT HAND THAT THEY ARE BEING PAID TO DO! AND I KNOW, IT'S YOUR JOB TOO SO,,,,,,,HAVE A GOOD ONE!

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
YOUR WARNING FOR CONTRACTORS THAT READS IN THE FINAL TAIL-END THAT STATES" SOMEWHANT THAT THE POSTING SITE MAY OFFER THE POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR DEATH (or something to the near effect)

UNFORTUNATELY...I FEEL LIKE THERE IS A TAG ALREADY ON MY POSTING THAT WARNS PEOPLE "DO NOT USE" BECAUSE OF THE WARNING. I DO ON ONE HAND UNERSTAND THE LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY THAT NOONE WANTS WHEN HAVING ANY TYPE OF A SPACE (OPEN FORUM) PARTNERSHIP WITH SOMEONE THAT THEY DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT...BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, THERE IS SUCH A THING STILL AS "TRUST" THAT FALLS RIGHT INTO A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE.

I HAVE FOUND FROM PRACTICAL AND HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE THAT REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES I TEACH IT, POUND IT INTO AN OPERATORS HEAD, PLEAD WITH A SITE SUPERINTENDENT THAT "SAFETY IS A NECESSITY, NOT A LUXURY" AND IS REQUIRED BYT MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF FEDERAL AND STATE; AS SOON AS WE LEAVE A CLASS AND/OR AUDIT INSPECTION, MOST COMPANYS ARE GOING TO ADOPT THE RULE OF "WORK FAST, SAFETY LAST" AND I CRINGE WHEN I GET A CALL FROM A PROJECT MANAGER THAT TELLS ME THEY'VE HAD AN ACCIDENT ON-SITE.

SO, NOT THAT I AM REALLY A LOUD MOUTH TEXAS WOMAN THAT POPS OFF OR TAKES OFFENSE TO A "WARNING" TAG.....JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF HARDWORKING INDIVIDUALS OUT THERE THAT REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES THEY SHOW OR TELL AN EMPLOYEE, LABORER, ETC. THEY ARE GOING TO BE TAGGED AS AN ASS BECAUSE IT'S THEIR JOB, LIKE MINE TO MAKE EVERYONE AWARE OF THE OBLIGATION AND RESPONSIBILITY AT HAND THAT THEY ARE BEING PAID TO DO! AND I KNOW, IT'S YOUR JOB TOO SO,,,,,,,HAVE A GOOD ONE!
I've read your post 3 times and I can't tell what your point is. Are you for or against Nathan's CYA warning?

Welcome to CT and please dont type in all caps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To answer in a nut shell...I am for Nathan being responsible as we all try our darndest to do in business, especially when it comes to saving lives & preventing accidents BUT...I like others may be new to this site and I feel like the WARNING NOTICE: posted at the tail-end of my Intro belittles the trade that I chose for the Construction and General Industry which just happens to be "SAFETY"! I will say no more. Thank you and have a good evening.

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
To answer in a nut shell...I am for Nathan being responsible as we all try our darndest to do in business, especially when it comes to saving lives & preventing accidents BUT...I like others may be new to this site and I feel like the WARNING NOTICE: posted at the tail-end of my Intro belittles the trade that I chose for the Construction and General Industry which just happens to be "SAFETY"! I will say no more. Thank you and have a good evening.
You sound angry. Don't be. I think you are taking the warning notice that is automatically applied to EVERY poster (not just you) too personally.

Notwithstanding the above, we are all on this site for a reason and that is to learn and grow our businesses. Safety is pretty darned important.

I am guessing you have a lot to offer to this forum, so please get over the fact that we don't know you yet, and contribute with a positive attitude.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
306 Posts
Cath,

The disclaimer that was tacked onto your thread is automatically generated, and I believe, tacked onto every thread. Its not personal.

Kind of like OSHA's rules. Blanket policies that Burn everyone, because a few dolts can't see the obvious. Personally I think Darwinism should be allowed to run its course :jester:.

Thanks for dropping the caps on your third post. All those caps made me think that the forum was being taken over for a very important Government Announcement.

Welcome to CT...

·
Al Smith
2,392 Posts
Try the decaff Cath

Its on every post Cath. So don't feel singled out. It's sort of a disclaimer that's unfortunately necessary in today's litigious society. If you read through other threads where "Contractors" recommend chocking or otherwise disabling power saw guards, Or advocate walking plates on top of icy walls, you will realize why the disclaimer is there.

And thanks for turning off the the caps, You wouldn't want us to think you had big Texan hair or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks to all of you, especially you Al. It's nice to know that evidentally everyone is reading and paying attention nowadays.

And to answer your questions, I have little hair and actually a little mouth. Sometimes it just sticks in overdrive like all of us tendto do from time to time. Have a Happy & Prosperous New Year To All!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts