Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

541 - 560 of 4478 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I did this with a smaller mesh type blade. Works great.
This is the ATS blade someone had posted about. What's the mesh blade you have? It chipped a little more than I would like, might just be the quality Lowe's tile though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Always Learning
8,472 Posts
This is the ATS blade someone had posted about. What's the mesh blade you have? It chipped a little more than I would like, might just be the quality Lowe's tile though.

I have that blade also and found it chipped more than I like also.

This is the one I used.

4.5"-5/8"Dry/Wet Thin Diamond Circular Saw Blade Mesh Rim For Cutting Porcelain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q441M8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vM7uCb2QX5JJY

It took a few adapter rings to get the arbor to fit tight but the cut quality was good.

·
Super Moderator
25,776 Posts
Rib dinner tonight at a local place called Greg's.
Hell yeah. Nice spread and good beer choice brother

Doing two briskets in a row - got one on now for tomorrow and I'll start one tomorrow for Sunday. Ribs both days - and chicken tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Salad looks a little weak. Croutons soggy ?
Ribs look real good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had worked over the salad pretty good by the time the ribs arrived.

Never tried the croutons, decimated 1/2 loaf of that bread and probably a 1/4 pound of butter.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have that blade also and found it chipped more than I like also.

This is the one I used.

4.5"-5/8"Dry/Wet Thin Diamond Circular Saw Blade Mesh Rim For Cutting Porcelain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q441M8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vM7uCb2QX5JJY

It took a few adapter rings to get the arbor to fit tight but the cut quality was good.

https://youtu.be/Ajcm-2keo38
I was thinking of this today and decided to see if one of my continuous rim blades I have for my grinder would work. I used the adapter ring that came with the ats blade and it fit perfectly. The cuts came out much nicer. I had the saw turned down to around 2

Do the mesh ones give a better cut than standard continuous blade? Better cooling?

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Hell yeah. Nice spread and good beer choice brother

Doing two briskets in a row - got one on now for tomorrow and I'll start one tomorrow for Sunday. Ribs both days - and chicken tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I sorely miss Texas style ribs.

·
Always Learning
8,472 Posts
I was thinking of this today and decided to see if one of my continuous rim blades I have for my grinder would work. I used the adapter ring that came with the ats blade and it fit perfectly. The cuts came out much nicer. I had the saw turned down to around 2

Do the mesh ones give a better cut than standard continuous blade? Better cooling?

In hard porcelain yes. They cut very well and relatively smooth. For the mesh blades you want to run them on full speed. Actually I bought the Makita 5" dry cut saw after that video because it runs at 12,000 rpm which matches the blade better vs the 6500 +/- that the TS runs at. That Makita saw has a track adapter that runs on Festool/Makita tracks.

·
World's Tallest Midget
725 Posts
I love puzzle cars/trucks.

There was a VW Jetta running around the next town when I was in high school that was a different color on every body panel. Only years later did I learn that was actually a factory option.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
There was a VW Jetta running around the next town when I was in high school that was a different color on every body panel. Only years later did I learn that was actually a factory option.
really?, there is one near me that I thought the guy was being creative

541 - 560 of 4478 Posts