Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,582

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,583
reminds me of the George foreman mean lean fat reducin grillin machine.
In terms of taste, it's not even close. The Ninja grills are the first I have actually really liked and use almost daily.

And it makes the most amazing bacon. :)

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
Nah...not rally. Good bread, mayo and crispy bacon will do. In fact, it's real tasty. Trust me on this...lol.
Believe me I've tried every version of a bacon sandwich I could think of and they are all good. Best imo has my home grown cherokee purple tomatoes on them. I'd mail you one to try out but, already tried that going to bro in Ohio. Let's just say it did not come out as pretty as it went in. Maybe you don't like tomatoes?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'd mail you one to try out but, already tried that going to bro in Ohio. Let's just say it did not come out as pretty as it went in.
I did the same thing Al only mine went to my daughter in Lubbock. Much shorter trip from the lake here but arrived a box of mush. Sounds like we both found out they don’t keep long. Grew some Black Krims this year identical to the purples. What part of Ohio are you from? Chased work in Cincy/Mt. Adam & Cleveland in my younger days. Short hop from Kentucky

Mike

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
Small town south of Lorain which is west of Cleveland. Currently a chithole but, was a great place to grow up back in the day. Started carpentry career off working for an uncle who was a home builder in Grafton, hand banged everything. I would bet he's currently residing with satan but, supposedly he saw the light near the end. Funny how that happens.

Nothing like old heirloom tomatoes. I did the cherokee purples, mortgage lifters, and an orange kind that I forgot the name of. The orange ones are less acidic and not quite as flavorful as the other two but man did they produce. I did not keep track but, estimate I got close to 500 tomatoes off that one plant and it's still going. Gave them away by the bucket load. Must have a 100 in my kitchen now waiting to be processed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Try the Lemon Boy yellow slicer. Best yellow tomato I’ve grown, heavy producer & guarantee you there will be some that won’t make it inside. 1st thing I do is grab the salt shaker on my way out before snapping 1 off the vine. Juliet bite size for the g-kids is a good one. Don’t forget the Shi****o peppers

Mike

·
Registered
745 Posts
A little but all the rage in the craft beer places & restaurants as appetizers. Great blistered on the grill or skillet a bit. 3” pepper plant stays fairly small but prolific. You will like them being a pepper guy. Don’t have any seed or I would send you some. Gonna have to get some fresh myself. Be time to start some before you know it.

Mike

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
A little but all the rage in the craft beer places & restaurants as appetizers. Great blistered on the grill or skillet a bit. 3” pepper plant stays fairly small but prolific. You will like them being a pepper guy. Don’t have any seed or I would send you some. Gonna have to get some fresh myself. Be time to start some before you know it.

Mike
Are they hot?
No not very hot at all. They are a Japanese pepper that is always served in the Izakayas here and Japan. Izakayas are a bar type joint that serves pupus (finger foods) We go often, I really don't care for Japanese beer.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
My new remodel client ( 350k budget) told me yesterday one of my top competitors called and cancelled his appointment with them because his super saw my truck there on the initial sales call... I'm 2/3 against him for new homes in 2020 and its not looking good for him spring of 2021.

I took the only two remodels he's bid against me on (one 250k one 750k ) this spring and I was substantially higher on both.

A carpenter versus a paper boy on a cut up nasty remodel, all subs vs dedicated crew is no competition on a remodel when the client has a check book

Hed be sad to know it wasn't nasty for me and my subs at all, I bid to gut that those suckers to the studs, all new plumbing supply, wire and spray foam with variable speed AC. He bid Swiss cheese drywall and bastsrdized plumbing and electrical systems with hot spots in the walls from insulation voids. Chitty single speed hvac.

I sold a fortress, a gem of a lakehouse to the grandkids future use and he tried selling on price

Rule #1 know your client, and what they can afford. These are second homes, high six figure to 7 figure homes on 350k - 1 mm+ dollar lots.

Rule #2 understand what the buyers real intentions are, even if they don't know themselves. Gotta let your balls drop and take a shot at what that truly is and educate them on what they actually want many times. This sales call started with a 200k budget and thats what most guys get hung up on. What I heard is we'd LIKE to spend 200k but this is what we want, we arent selling, family lake house, memories, traditions.

So I sold cost vs value, not budget

Rule #3 paint them a picture..... I always take them to a like project (new home in that price range and finsh out when selling a new house, full gut remodel i take them to a full gut remodel with before pics.

I pull comps for their house in that updated condition. At that level it isn't about how much money they have its about them feeling they are making a wise and discerning purchase

Chess vs checkers

Rule #5 i never lie about the value vs cost. If its a no go I tell them that and that builds my rep as much as the ones I get

In the end he was trying to sell a xlt Explorer to a Lexus LS buyer and I sold them a Mercedes s550 for a super up Lexus LS price on the first two remodels. He decided to forgo trying a third time. Good decision, time is a resource we can't replicate

He said he had no interest bidding against me on a remodel. Real recognizes real

I love this chit. Great way to start Thanksgiving week, totally pumped when my feet hit the floor this morning

Have a good week gents.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
Damn, talk about turning tail and run, ha.

Is that the house with big open back porch you put plans on upstairs.

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
Damn, talk about turning tail and run, ha.

Is that the house with big open back porch you put plans on upstairs.
Yep

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: deckman22

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
You may need a new wheelbarrow for your balls
A couple coffee cans will suffice

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

4581 - 4600 of 4618 Posts