Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
20541 - 20560 of 31797 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Caught the chicken murderer in a live trap (set thinking the bobcat tracks had something to do with the dead chicken). Had to let the bird go - $10K fine if I didn't.
Beautiful bird. I wonder if it could live in harmony with the rest of the raptors that live in my yard? The crows wouldn't be happy...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Goshawk killed a chicken in the hen yard. None of the chickens or guinea fowl can be out of their houses until I put wire mesh over everything.

Not exactly what I'd want to be doing this time of year...
They are no joke I seen a single mom kick the **** out of a 3 ravens who were looking for a easy meal at my parents barn.

·
Registered
Custom
12,564 Posts
Yeah Celsius makes no sense, water freezing at 0 and boiling at 100. wtf is that about.
Because everyone knows that water freezes at 32 and boils at 212... so of course 0 and 100 don't make sense... :whistling :laughing:

Besides, it doesn't sound as cold at 32 degrees and sounds much hotter at 212 degrees...

As someone once said... "With Fahrenheit, you're really cold at 0°F and really hot at 100°F; with Celsius, you're cold at 0°C and dead at 100°C"

A lot more room for "degrees of scale" with Fahrenheit... :laughing:

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
3,959 Posts
I find in Canada that you usually end up working with both systems. Our temporary thermostats and 220 heaters are in Fahrenheit as well as our ground heater/frost fighter equipment. I prefer Celsius but if I moved to the States tomorrow I could use Fahrenheit easily.

Also when it's stupid cold and we're pulling out the ground heater lines that have 150f glycol running through them it's nice because it's one of the few pieces of equipment that won't give you mild frostbite.

20541 - 20560 of 31797 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.