Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4286 Posts

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
Getting calls to update my google listing when I've been retired for 5 years and have no website to update.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,225
Getting 3-4 calls a day, some right in a row from different numbers/states from google.

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
Yep. Getting a ton. Mostly health insurance and car warranty ones.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
10,609 Posts
Yeah, I get it. You actually need to enjoy battling with know-a-little-bits to hang out there very much. Shame really, because it's kinda fun to help folks who actually appreciate it.
So you're saying I can go there, and get into arguments with doctors and lawyers who think they know woodworking better than me?

Sounds less like a DIY site and more like a jobsite...:p

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,228
Yep. Getting a ton. Mostly health insurance and car warranty ones.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I got one the other day warning me about my Microsoft Computer was coming to get me. It was nice to have some variety. I haven't had that spam call in months :LOL:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Don’t matter what you tell them it’s in one eye & out the other. They are going to watch hgtv or talk to a clerk @ home cheapo & think they can do it because they got it face to face

Mike

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,019 Posts
I participated at the Bosch forum for a while, just because they had a great rewards program, so in a sense I got “paid” to help DIYers.

Even with that, I couldn’t do it.

There are so many DIYer know it all’s, who spew truly abysmal advice, and then the the poster asking for help ignores the advice from the 1 or 2 pros who tried to help, and eats up the bull**** they got fed from an idiot.

Lost my desire to play that game real quick.

No skin off my ass if you FKK your project all up. 🙄

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
Look... I get it that the electrician made a mistake, but the phucking hanger could have gotten this fixed before he rocked it.

The fellas that hung S/R at my house left a beer bottle on the floor and rocked right over it. I saw a huge lump on the floor and wondered wtf? They caught it the next day without me even having to say anything tho.

·
Pro
3,538 Posts
Discovering there is a two beef package limit at the check out line, when you're buying a bunch of steaks for family grill out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4221 - 4240 of 4286 Posts