Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

4201 - 4220 of 4286 Posts

·
Registered
Remodel
26,616 Posts
I hate my new avatar is a footprint from a coyote that looks to be 50-60 lbs, maybe a little more.

Actually I like the avatar for now, but I don't like coyote-wolf hybrids close to the house.

·
Pro
3,537 Posts
I hate my new avatar is a footprint from a coyote that looks to be 50-60 lbs, maybe a little more.

Actually I like the avatar for now, but I don't like coyote-wolf hybrids close to the house.
Coywolfs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Pro
3,537 Posts
Whatever you want to call them. They're in Canada, and moving in here.

The state/feds are likely to decide they're a new endangered species.
I've heard the above term. Larger (than coyote) animal, with a mixed bag of both animal tendencies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts

I wondered wth your avatar was. Shoot all those sob's you can while you.

'Yotes will cross breed with larger dogs too. I had to bury my daughters pug who fell victim to them. SNL went full blown scorched earth on them when he got back in town, killed 26. Shot the alpha male in the leg then decapitated it and put it on a spike. I get something in my eye when I think of little Gunny going out like he did, details which I won't type.

·
Registered
745 Posts
No domestic pets personally. Schedule won’t work gone too much. They will kill dogs & cats & whatever else. People been seeing another mountain lion around here. Buddy who builds electric signs saw one in his creek he’s maybe half mile from me

Mike

·
Registered
Remodel
26,616 Posts
W
I wondered wth your avatar was. Shoot all those sob's you can while you.

'Yotes will cross breed with larger dogs too. I had to bury my daughters pug who fell victim to them. SNL went full blown scorched earth on them when he got back in town, killed 26. Shot the alpha male in the leg then decapitated it and put it on a spike. I get something in my eye when I think of little Gunny going out like he did, details which I won't type.
One rancher in another state got a big old mule to protect his cattle. The mile was screaming one night, so the neighbor got his gun and coyote hunting dog and went to see. At least 8 coyote had attacked the mule and they were still on him when the dog got there. The mule had killed 3, and the dog killed 2 more. The mule almost made it.

The coyotes that got away were tracked to a cave, and 14 more were killed there.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I hate when a perfectly good homeowner gets on ct trying to pose as a contractor and the mods shut it down before we get a chance to make them feel dumber than they ever felt in their lives. Can we get like a good 24 hours before you shut them down? That's one of the best things about ct. Besides foot fingers, playful nipple twists and that fight between millman and.... Dang it... I can't remember his screen name. Dang it's been too long. It will come to me...

Sometimes getting my brain going is like trying to ride a 10 speed on the hardest setting.

·
Punching above his weight
9,215 Posts
I guess DIY chat is where they're supposed to be, but I never go there. A lot of them seem like they have pretty decent questions and aren't total idiots. It'd be cool if there was a specific Ask A Pro forum or something which was the only one they were allowed access to. Contractor outreach is important! lol

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
W

One rancher in another state got a big old mule to protect his cattle. The mile was screaming one night, so the neighbor got his gun and coyote hunting dog and went to see. At least 8 coyote had attacked the mule and they were still on him when the dog got there. The mule had killed 3, and the dog killed 2 more. The mule almost made it.

The coyotes that got away were tracked to a cave, and 14 more were killed there.
A lot of ranchers here use donkeys to protect their livestock from coyotes. Pretty much standing rule on ranches here, you see one you shoot it.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
I guess DIY chat is where they're supposed to be, but I never go there. A lot of them seem like they have pretty decent questions and aren't total idiots. It'd be cool if there was a specific Ask A Pro forum or something which was the only one they were allowed access to. Contractor outreach is important! lol

Anyone that wants to help them can go there and do so. No sense letting them pollute this site with BS questions. It does not help contractors to give them advise here imo.

·
Punching above his weight
9,215 Posts
I get that, but I also get where Madrina is coming from. Some of the posts feel like a passed hors d'oeuvre at a wedding. I didn't know I wanted this, but now I'm glad that it's here!

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
I get that, but I also get where Madrina is coming from. Some of the posts feel like a passed hors d'oeuvre at a wedding. I didn't know I wanted this, but now I'm glad that it's here!
A lot of us also post over at DIY.
While I agree that it is nice to feel helpful, there are downsides as well.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,215
We have a hole forum for that, DIY.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,018 Posts
I just popped over there and read the first electrical thread that came up, just for gits and shiggles.

Judas Priest there is some bad advice over there. 🙄

4201 - 4220 of 4286 Posts