Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3961 - 3980 of 4290 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
41,037 Posts
Youngest daughter text the family today. Damien, the dog she recused from the street on a bitter winter day about 10 years ago (literialy, previous owners wife let him go because she didn't want him, the temp was in single digits) has been diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes today. Vet figures he's got about a week.

He is a friendly and gentle guy. Only dog ever in my truck, we were dog sitting, I opened the door to load the truck for a job, he wanted to go with.

I hope Christy can find solace in knowing she provided him a loving home.

Tom

Sorry to hear about your pup Tom.

Mike.

·
Designer/Contractor
3,627 Posts
Always a poignant time. The good memories will help soothe the pain of losing her cherished and loyal pet, eventually.

PS I hope someone b!tch slapped the ahole who dumped the poor dog out in the bitter cold and God bless your daughter for taking him in.

·
Registered
12,043 Posts
Always a poignant time. The good memories will help soothe the pain of losing her cherished and loyal pet, eventually.

PS I hope someone b!tch slapped the ahole who dumped the poor dog out in the bitter cold and God bless your daughter for taking him in.
Christy took him to the vet she uses for her cat, happened to be Damiens vet. Vet called the house, next call was to the authorities.

Tom

·
Registered
12,043 Posts

I know this is going to crush her for awhile. Whenever I talk to her I ask how "the kids" (cat and Damns).

Hopefully my brother has something she’ll be happy with at his rescue.

Tom

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,999 Posts
This thing scared the chit out of me, it's so fast, especially since it's my oldest daughter's and she has a lead foot. I rode it down the block once, that was enough for me.

She's is getting divorced so she's downsizing and has it for sale now, couldn't make me happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,217 Posts
Hating this stuff when I have 2 egress digs tomorrow to do so they can be cut Tuesday. Only plus is snow insulates ground from freezing for awhile.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,970
Its coming .:laughing:
It always does, doesn't it.

I'm hoping global warming will soon be taking care of that. They promised me snow free winters! :laughing:

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Hating this stuff when I have 2 egress digs tomorrow to do so they can be cut Tuesday. Only plus is snow insulates ground from freezing for awhile.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
Jeez, I was out stacking hay, getting up a nice mild sweat and talking to my buddy today.

65 degrees, puffy clouds and sun coming out this afternoon. Now Im sitting on the couch with the doors open.

Winter can stay away for a while more.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,974
Kids like it. Until you tell them to shovel it.

They aren't going to like it this time around. No snow days anymore. Just flip on the computer and have an in house school day.

·
Registered
Custom
12,607 Posts
I know this is going to crush her for awhile. Whenever I talk to her I ask how "the kids" (cat and Damns).

Hopefully my brother has something she’ll be happy with at his rescue.

Tom
We were just talking about our dog's passing with a neighbor today when talking to them about their dogs accident that required a cast (that he eventually chewed off)... ours happened a couple of years ago but we still miss her... it sucks when there's something medical that you can't do anything about... we tried surgeries, etc. before having to make the call... we were all with her though when it happened though...

Out of all the dogs we looked at in the shelter she chose us and made that totally clear that she was coming home with us... :laughing:

Sorry to hear the sad news... At least we have the memories, and your daughter not only had the years she had to make plenty of them but made those years possible in the first place... gotta' be some peace in that...

·
Punching above his weight
9,220 Posts
I hate cement siding.

Look at it crooked and it cracks. Finishing it off tomorrow, but I'm down to my last mistake or I have to do the walk of shame to the lumber yard to buy more.

3961 - 3980 of 4290 Posts