Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 4008 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
I know I am only an electrician, but to my untrained eye, they resemble boards more than cabinets.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
"Some assembly required"

Why do I have this feeling Jerry is not big on directions?

·
Administrator
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,665
I think Tin needs to leave his hammer home on assembly day. He's going to be using it way to often. It's going to cost him time and money :whistling

·
Capra Aegagrus
24,076 Posts
Why do I have this feeling Jerry is not big on directions?
I'm huge on directions. I get called into jobs just for that, all else being equal.

But when a job is priced based upon the normal expectation of preassembled cabinets and something like this happens, something's gotta give. Not only is that a lot of extra labor, it totally messes with scheduling.

Fortunately, it's not my contract. I'm a sub on this job, so whatever. Still bites though.

·
GC/carpenter
40,516 Posts
I'm huge on directions. I get called into jobs just for that, all else being equal.

But when a job is priced based upon the normal expectation of preassembled cabinets and something like this happens, something's gotta give. Not only is that a lot of extra labor, it totally messes with scheduling.

Fortunately, it's not my contract. I'm a sub on this job, so whatever. Still bites though.

I used to do jobs for HUD. All the cabinets came like that. It sucked.

Mike.

·
Designer/Contractor
3,473 Posts
Exactly how Humboldt looks right now
That photo looks like the same phenomenon that happened down here in a giant fire (350,000 + acres), so much smoke that the long wave solar radiation got filtered out and only the short wave stuff got through, made everything look eerily fluorescent, made white into an actinic bluish color.

·
Administrator
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,676
Cool and humid. End of the day it's raining. Did I mention it was humid? Back of my shirt is wet from working outside cutting and then back into the "hurt when you walk in" air conditioning in a dentists building.

·
Box Builder
6,306 Posts
Coming home to a blocked up drain on the indoor unit of a heat pump. I had it set on dehumidify because it was so muggy today. Hopefully the floor dries out alright. And I guess I’ll be breaking down these things and giving them a deep clean this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Capra Aegagrus
24,076 Posts
I hate when the dentist orders the cabinets for her office remodel. :eek:
Gotta give her some credit; she's assembling them. At it all day today in between patients. We'll probably wind up giving her a hand though, so we can git 'er done and move on. Sigh.

3661 - 3680 of 4008 Posts