Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you guys go about making a 135 degree outside corner joint with thinstone? I know some companies make them but not the ones from my regular supplier and there are a LOT of these corners. Its mosaic pattern.

The best I have been able to come up with is to take some of the larger pieces, cut them down the center(ish) and bevel both pieces so I can get a tight miter. It's probably unnecessary to do the split as long as I can get two pieces that are similar in height and color. To avoid a continuous grout line I would also do some corner butts :mad:. Will this look like total dogjob to anyone that doesn't work with stone? I figure I can keep the grout lines to less than 1/8" if I'm careful.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool some of those they just ran the stones past, no miter at all. Looks good, i like it.I dont get many of those corners.
I have six and the same angle on three casement windows. I can share some if you want to practice.:whistling

I don't usually do thin stone outside but the HO's are good, regular, customers and the exposed foundation on their house has been killing me. I was really hoping for square and rectangle but the mosaic will look a bit more like an authentic foundation in their area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.