Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a bunch of new chimneys which are between 4-6' off the peak of the roof to wrap in thin brick. New construction. What are your experiences with track systems (like/dislike) and your thoughts on the pros and cons of using them. In the past I've used spacers and a trusty
Level

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
What brand of thin brick are you using? And do you ever have problems with it being glued on the webbing out of square? I just finished up 230 sq ft of wall using Brick Mills and it was so bad that I ended up peeling every single brick off the webbing and laying individually. Looked like a monkey had glued then to the webbing.

But to answer your question a crap ton of spacers and a good level is the best method I've found. It might just be me but thin brick seems to be one of the hardest tiles to work with on the market. About like laying recycled brick. Everyone is a slightly different size. :censored::no:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are kf Darby's. they come as individual brick and are fairly consistent in size. I've looked at a track system which is screwed to the surface and the brick are then placed inside the tracks which act as spacers. Not overly familiar with this system just lookin for pros and cons and to see if anyone recommends a different approach

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Residential apartments very upscale. I will check that website out in a bit and get back to you thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. Will keep you updated. Any other advice is appreciated as well

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
100 chimneys

:eek:

I did a small kitchen backsplash in thin brick back before Christmas. Homeowner put a picture on their facebook page. I've done 16 since and priced a couple more that I haven't heard from yet. Word of mouth advertising boys, it works. :thumbsup:

A little bit of advise. If you don't have one of these you need one. Tuck pointing with a trowel is for the birds.

http://www.contractorsdirect.com/Tile-Tools/Grout-Floats/Rubi-Joint-Applicator-For-Grout-Mortar

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.