Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I hope some of you can give me some suggestions for my first thin bed handicap accessible shower. I am going over 3/4 advantech. I will apply felt paper then staple down wire mesh. I want to use a noble thin bed drain. Type s mortar from you know where (HD).
The thickness of the bed at the drain will be about 5/8". I will be using nobles drain flashing and finally noble seal TS over the mud and on the walls. I am wondering how long I have to let the mud cute before applying the noble seal? If anyone has any ideas or better products please let me know. A little background about me, I was and am a professional contractor (once again). I took an eight year break from building while serving in the military full time. So if my questions seem stupid or out of date it is because I am just now catching up on the latest building materials and products. I maintained my CSL the whole time I was enlisted knowing I would one day return to doing what I truly love. I sincerely appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply. I would love to use the probase however the plumbing is crammed into very tight odd spaces resulting in a very awkward drain location. This is a rather unconventional setting for a walk in shower. The drain is just randomly placed so the pitch is going to be odd. I will take some pics of the bathroom tomorrow.

·
Hair Splitter
18,335 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies I'm going to try to post some pics now. The drain can't be moved because there is a joist running through the center of the shower stall. I only have 1 3/4" to play with here hence the thin bed. Waterproofing this is really going to be tricky.

Attachments

·
Hair Splitter
18,335 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion tntservices I gave them a call now I'm waiting for a call back from one of their reps. I would really like to use this system!
My rep is awesome. He even offers to come out to the installation to help or just be there is we need anything. Hopefully your rep is just as good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts