Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new guy here. I look forward to reading more and searching this site
for all my questions. Im trying to get a deck and fence business off the ground, i lack alot of wisdom that it will no doubt take to make myself successful, but i do at least have a little bit of know-how. So thats why i chose to start this sort of business. Decks and fence(privacy) can be as basic as you please, and at the same time has room to be as elaborate and intricate as you want to make it. Plus i have fun when im doing it. Im a little better then novice carpenter, but from past experience with decks and fences ive built or help build, it seems to be adequate. Right now the hardest part im finding to be a chore, is determining the best way to get my name out in the world of would be customers. Im new this area i live in, so as of yet, i dont know anyone that i can turn to for questions....at least not questions that go beyond know-how and end up in the business aspect. So hopefully this site will lend a helping hand to my common questions. Ive already read many threads that ive searched for that answered quite a few of them. Great looking site!!

-dale

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome! Feel free to kick back a cold one and hang out.
You probably know more people than you think that you do. Look for people that have contact with a lot of other people. I've been getting work out of my barber for over 20 yrs. Check out ladies at the grocery are another good source, your doctor, get the idea? Join local business groups and attend their functions, just joining the Chamber or builders assocn. will only get you listed in their mag. You have to get in there and rub elbows!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was already ahead of myself i guess, i been checkin out the ladies at the grocery store since way back! LOL

but i do get the jist of what your saying, good ideas.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Welcome aboard. Contractors talk forum is filled with many master craftsman. In all the trades. :cheesygri

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
I'd pay big bucks to be aboard when he takes his sawzall to the cockpit for a little inflight remod[eling].
Yeah, that would be hillarious if is wasn't so scary. I think 20 years ago you could have carried one into the cockpit for a joke. Today I think they'd lock up up for weeks. Christ, pilots can't even drink all day and then go flying like they used to.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Did any one else catch the news release where they gounded 64 pilots for just some minor med problems such as diabetes? Drug and alcohol addiction? You may have flown with these guys! I'll continue to drive and see the countryside or fly myself, thank you very much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts