Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks really impressive. I'm looking into building the ultimate shop/apartment and I want to do a steel structure with 12" of fiberglass - this method looks great.

any thoughts on pros/cons with this idea? looks very good in everyway. I haven't seen a system quite like it, but I'm not a steel builder

Anybody use this method?

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
http://www.thermaldesign.com/ for everyone...

So are you getting out of the Speaker trade all together or still keeping it going, while you work your way into the construction field or has that fizzled out?

I think there are a lot better designs out there using foam panels, spray foam, etc... JLC & FHB magazines have both had articles on this topic recently (within the last 3 months).

Oh & before I get accused of being to vague - it is a regional issue, even in the same state with the exact same method being used - performance varies, it all comes down to design, goals, etc... You may also want to check out building sciences website

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are you getting out of the Speaker trade all together or still keeping it going, while you work your way into the construction field or has that fizzled out?

I think there are a lot better designs out there using foam panels, spray foam, etc... JLC & FHB magazines have both had articles on this topic recently (within the last 3 months).

Oh & before I get accused of being to vague - it is a regional issue, even in the same state with the exact same method being used - performance varies, it all comes down to design, goals, etc... You may also want to check out building sciences website

I'm in the speaker trade right now, and it's been busy for a long time. I'm becoming a lineman as a main trade starting in october - at least that's the plan. I still to trim on the side. I'm making stereo systems my hobby instead of my main income.

I'll look into some more magazines for sure.

I saw this method at thought of price of 12" of stacked foam panels compared to rolling out the good old fashioned way. R76 is a tough # to match without spending a fortune. granted I don't need that high an
R-value, but it sure sounds good on paper :thumbsup:

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts