Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
Carpentry and Remodeling
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I just got a pair of the Jobman service pants, 2321 I think. Whichever ones META posted.

First impressions, they are much more lightweight and breathable than my Carhartts. They also don't feel as tough, like they would be easier to tear or put holes in. I also don't think the material will hold up to sparks.

The thigh pockets seem really nice, everything I was missing from my carhartts pockets. The front pockets are okay, but definitely smaller and not as good as my carhartts. The kneepads are going to take a little getting used to but after I wear them enough I'm sure they'll be fine.

So yeah, I like em. As long as my durability concerns are unfounded I can see them becoming my go-to pants. We'll see. If I can get a year out of them I'll be pretty happy.

·
Pro
8,480 Posts
I just got a pair of the Jobman service pants, 2321 I think. Whichever ones META posted.

First impressions, they are much more lightweight and breathable than my Carhartts. They also don't feel as tough, like they would be easier to tear or put holes in. I also don't think the material will hold up to sparks.

The thigh pockets seem really nice, everything I was missing from my carhartts pockets. The front pockets are okay, but definitely smaller and not as good as my carhartts. The kneepads are going to take a little getting used to but after I wear them enough I'm sure they'll be fine.

So yeah, I like em. As long as my durability concerns are unfounded I can see them becoming my go-to pants. We'll see. If I can get a year out of them I'll be pretty happy.
2321 is the lighter pant. Are you using additional knee pads or just going with the stock reinforcement they have?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Carpentry and Remodeling
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
2321 is the lighter pant. Are you using additional knee pads or just going with the stock reinforcement they have?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I bought a pair of the basic knee pads with the pants. That's what I'm using at the moment. I didn't want something too bulky because I knew these wouldn't replace standalone kneepads anyways.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts