Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pro
8,666 Posts
I really like Jobman.

These are my everyday work pants. I wear this type all the time.

If I am swinging a hammer and need to hold fasteners, the ultra in the thread below are what I wear. I have three pairs. The 1st pair had its zipper fail after a couple years of heavy use. The second pair is fine, but the hammer holster part gave way.

The knees have never failed. That kevlar outlasts everything else on the jeans.

The third pair is what I use for carpentry.

Some of the best money on pants..but it requires a little tool arrangement if you're used to bags or need more space.

https://www.contractortalk.com/thre...share_fid=106420&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Pro
8,666 Posts
Are you saying the service pants aren't durable enough for jobsite use? I like to keep things simple, so I don't have different pairs of pants for summer and winter. Is the ultra comparable to a carhartt double front duck as far as weight and breathability goes?
The service pants are lighter duty THAN the Ultra. I wear them on jobsites and work in them. The Ultra..are Ultra, above and beyond as far as the knees.

Not sure in comparison to Carhartt (haven't used that pant), but they are comfortable to me.

·
Pro
8,666 Posts
I just got a pair of the Jobman service pants, 2321 I think. Whichever ones META posted.

First impressions, they are much more lightweight and breathable than my Carhartts. They also don't feel as tough, like they would be easier to tear or put holes in. I also don't think the material will hold up to sparks.

The thigh pockets seem really nice, everything I was missing from my carhartts pockets. The front pockets are okay, but definitely smaller and not as good as my carhartts. The kneepads are going to take a little getting used to but after I wear them enough I'm sure they'll be fine.

So yeah, I like em. As long as my durability concerns are unfounded I can see them becoming my go-to pants. We'll see. If I can get a year out of them I'll be pretty happy.
2321 is the lighter pant. Are you using additional knee pads or just going with the stock reinforcement they have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts